Emu Oil? Has anyone had any regrowth

rwhairlosstalk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used this and it filled in thin or bald spots? In other words regrowth of fallen out areas of hair.

Rogazzle

Established Member
Reaction score
rwhairlosstalk said:
Has anyone used this and it filled in growth or bald spots?

Emu oil (extracted from a native Australian bird) is yet another pumped up trendy snake oil fad for hair loss and its naive adopters.

The "science" trumpeting it's beneficial properties are lacking.

"Emu Oil for Hair Loss - What makes it so good?

One benefit is linolenic acid, and oleic acid which provides a local anti-inflammatory effect. Research into the Benefits of Emu Oil for hair has shown the linoleic acid in Emu oil to be an effective anti-androgen, and a potent 5 alpha reductase inhibitor, which are key factors in the treatment of hair loss."

^^^ utter horse sh*t from an utter bullshit no-name study.

Even if it was true, linoleic acid can be found inexpensively in higher concentrations from other food sources:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linoleic_a ... ry_sources

(Point of interest: Chicken fat 18-23%)

Yet, here we are again seeing people taking unsubstantiated claims attributed to some mysteriously marketed food gimmick and going nuts with it.

slurms mackenzie

Established Member
Reaction score
Taken from the revivogen website so make of it what you will

Revivogen contains fatty acid and so does emu oil. So doesn't it mean that application of tropical emu oil has an effect on hair loss? [br]Also my front is an M shaped, but I can see very very tiny light hairs in between that are almost invisible. I'm using revivogen currently and dont really know these these tiny hairs on my frontal is the result of its application. Will these hair grow thicker over time with the use of revivogen?[
Yours Sincerely
Stan.

Dear Stan.
Not all fatty acids are created equally. First only a certain fatty acids really block DHT production and most fatty acids don't work. Furthermore even the right fatty acids are not active in their natural form and require additional processing to make them into active molecules. Not only Emu oil does not have all the right fatty acids, even if it does they are not going to work since they won't be active. The same applies to all other oils regardless of their name.[br][br]The hairs you are referring to are called miniaturized hairs. With the regular use of Revivogen and within 6 months you should notice that some of these hairs are becoming darker and longer. Overtime and with continued use of Revivogen or any other product that works these hairs will eventually transform and become normal hairs again. However not all of these hairs will grow into normal hairs as some of them are damaged beyond repair.
Dr. Khadavi

Jacob

Reaction score
There are other hair loss products that contain those FFF(F)A's as well.

Artas

Established Member
Reaction score
It would be a waste of time spending your money on emu oil, it won't work as a hairloss treatment. It may benefit the scalp and condition the hair, but as a treatment for any kind of baldness is just not true...

rwhairlosstalk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Artas said:
It would be a waste of time spending your money on emu oil, it won't work as a hairloss treatment. It may benefit the scalp and condition the hair, but as a treatment for any kind of baldness is just not true...

Thanks i've reduced my shed only looking for something that will regrow the thinning and balding spots from the excessive shedding. I can't use Min its to drying.

Artas

Established Member
Reaction score
I would advise to stay away from minoxidil as well, there are so many alternatives.

Rogazzle

Established Member
Reaction score
^^ Smear some magic emu oil on one temple for 3-months. Compare the other temple. Get back to us about that exhibited regrowth effect.