Emu Oil - Definitely Something Happening There ...

Minister

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I read some time ago about emu oil (not sure how I came across it) and wanted to give it a try. I started applying the oil religiously daily on my hairline and temples for over a month, before bed, leave it all night, and wash it off the next morning. Since last week I also added castor oil to the mix.

From week 2-3 I started noticing miniature blonde hairs in the area, and now they seem much more noticeable, no terminal hair though, but definitely something is happening there. My plan is to give it another month or two and see, if nothing major happens will start with minoxidil but still keep the oils to improve penetration, they also help with hair texture and feel.

I've been on finas for over 3 years, which only maintained vertex, but did nothing for my hairline, this is the first time I am seeing something happening. I read more than once that emu oil regrew hairlines in some guys. Will try to post any positive updates.

Cheers!

Edit: Posted some pictures below!

Last edited:

Minister

Reaction score
Won't give any particular brand so people don't think I have a comercial interest behind ... just bought pure emu-oil and cold-pressed castor oil from Amazon.

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
Keep us updated. I remember a guy on hairlosshelp regrew hairs on his hairline and temples with castor oil and emu oil alone. He had pictures and everything.

Personally I'm using enough things at the moment but had bought castor oil a while ago and am experimenting it by smearing it on my left arm everyday. It's supposedly effective for all hair (beard, body, eyelashes, head) therefore if this is true I should expect to see a difference in hairiness between both my arms in a month or so.

I'll report back here if I do grow hair and then start applying it to my hairline. I don't want to interfere with my minoxidil though.

Minister

Reaction score
Yeah, I read so many reviews about people regrowing eyelashes, eyebrows, hairlines, etc ... worth a try. Now I buzzed my hair super short, but before with long hair the oil had good cosmetic properties (hair felt nicer and healthier) if anything.

stupidkoko

Reaction score
Keep us updated. I remember a guy on hairlosshelp regrew hairs on his hairline and temples with castor oil and emu oil alone. He had pictures and everything.

Personally I'm using enough things at the moment but had bought castor oil a while ago and am experimenting it by smearing it on my left arm everyday. It's supposedly effective for all hair (beard, body, eyelashes, head) therefore if this is true I should expect to see a difference in hairiness between both my arms in a month or so.

I'll report back here if I do grow hair and then start applying it to my hairline. I don't want to interfere with my minoxidil though.

Yes, I also remember this guy. His username was randy05 / randyx05 and he had clearly visible results of regrowth with very thick hairs on his temples. Now I must say that it wasn't like he just regrew a super dense new hairline like people on sex change meds, but definitely like a good result from minoxidil or finasteride.

Unfortunately seems like we can't view the images because they are outdated on the image hosting site.

Minister

Reaction score
I was bored and took some snapshots that might help track progress ... I don't want to get too excited, but that's what I meant, some of the blonde hairs are getting quite noticeable now, but only under certain light conditions.

I was also under a month NoFap, no gluten, no diary, all for science! ;) .... for the experiment I broke the three on Wednesday ... After changing those 3 variables, progress looks still unaltered. Will see in the coming days.

IMG_1274.jpg IMG_1275.jpg IMG_1276.jpg

Last edited:

Recon_s

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I bought some emu and castor oil... the mixture is quite thick I was thinking off adding garnier stemoxidine would that work to make it absorb better??

Minister

Reaction score
Mine is not that thick ... what castor oil do you have? It should not matter how thick it is, should be absorbed anyway

Theodolite

Reaction score
It's the fourth day i am using it and I am gonna stick with it (despite the fact i am against animal abuse :/), it makes my scalp fresh! Very good and warm sensation! Much better than castor oil.

Minister

Reaction score
Nice! In my case I feel no sensation at all when I put it, but hair and scalp starts feeling nicer after use. Let me know your progress! Might me posting new pics soon