Eminem/marshall Mathers Hair Loss Thread

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I agree, I still have a relatively thick NW1 hairline and from front on I look the same as I always have. Even when I stopped taking finasteride for a year a decade ago the hairline remained the same while everything else thinned significantly. I'm going to be like Zidane lol.

I shaved my head 10 years ago to a zero guard and didn't really like what I saw, but that was going from a toppik covered head to absolutely nothing, a big change and I was rail thin. I'm more muscular now, it might look better and now I'm not concerned about 'hiding' my hair loss, just don't want to look ridiculous so I would go with a 1 guard.
Never a razor shave, which only looks good on black people in my opinion and looks worse the older you get. Sorry but 70 year old John Travolta looks bad with his razor shaved head, looked much better with his balding look.

Hugh Laurie's hair is also an inspiration for me lol
Hugh Laurie is a great looking guy. I understand what you're saying about razor shave. When I get my sides buzzed to 0 I feel like I have an empty, uneven look. When I get a haircut, my barber buzzes my sides to a 0.5 and I always like to wait a few days for them to grow out a bit longer. Thinking about it I might start getting a 1.

Last edited:

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you happy with your results? How is the overall density?
I'm very happy with the hairline. Everything behind it is pretty bad though and I'd like to fill up my left temple a bit more as there are some grafts missing in there. I'd say my level of caring about hairloss in everyday life went from 100% to like 5-20% most days. I would be very happy with just a bit more behind the hairline and the left temple.

reckless

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm very happy with the hairline. Everything behind it is pretty bad though and I'd like to fill up my left temple a bit more as there are some grafts missing in there. I'd say my level of caring about hairloss in everyday life went from 100% to like 5-20% most days. I would be very happy with just a bit more behind the hairline and the left temple.

How old are you if you don't mind me asking?

At 40 it still bothers me but nowhere as much as when I was in my mid 20s - 30. I only started posting again here after 10 years due to stopping finasteride and panicking at the accelerated hair loss.

I think I'll give a number 1 buzz a go in a couple of months when it's warmer. I would find it annoying cutting my hair every few days when now I just do it once a month. Really hope it looks OK.

reckless

Established Member
Reaction score
Hugh Laurie is a great looking guy. I understand what you're saying about razor shave. When I get my sides buzzed to 0 I feel like I have an empty, uneven look. When I get a haircut, my barber buzzes my sides to a 0.5 and I always like to wait a few days for them to grow out a bit longer. Thinking about it I might start getting a 1.

Yeah he looks good with his balding look, the key when balding is to have some sort of facial hair, even if not a full beard. That's why Prince Harry looks OK at the moment. Slaven Bilic pulls this off well as does Martin Keown. The hairline is key as you said.

I think I'll give myself a haircut this weekend and try the microneedle pen. If the pain is bearable I could do 10 minutes a week.

Attachments

• bilic.jpg
    bilic.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 41
  • 2020-12-16T115919Z_715947296_RC2BOK9ZZV1C_RTRMADP_3_SOCCER-ENGLAND-BILIC.jpg
    2020-12-16T115919Z_715947296_RC2BOK9ZZV1C_RTRMADP_3_SOCCER-ENGLAND-BILIC.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 38
  • Arsenal-transfer-news-Unai-Emery-Martin-Keown-1890211.jpg
    Arsenal-transfer-news-Unai-Emery-Martin-Keown-1890211.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 38

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
How old are you if you don't mind me asking?

At 40 it still bothers me but nowhere as much as when I was in my mid 20s - 30. I only started posting again here after 10 years due to stopping finasteride and panicking at the accelerated hair loss.

I think I'll give a number 1 buzz a go in a couple of months when it's warmer. I would find it annoying cutting my hair every few days when now I just do it once a month. Really hope it looks OK.
Good luck bro. I'm in my early 30s. I lost most of my hair throughout my late teens and 20s so not bothered anymore. Women have not been an issue since my 3rd transplant.

reckless

Established Member
Reaction score
Good luck bro. I'm in my early 30s. I lost most of my hair throughout my late teens and 20s so not bothered anymore. Women have not been an issue since my 3rd transplant.
From what I remember once women get into their 30s they don't care as much about a guy balding. My wife certainly didn't. They are more worried about getting past their biological sell by date rather than what their dumb friends are going to say. Teens and 20s really are an immature and superficial decade, glad I'm past them now.

Looking back my balding started in my late teens but was not obvious until my early to mid 20s. Without finasteride I would have been a good complete cue ball by 30 for sure. I probably will be in a year's time :D

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
2004: Being able to see the imprint of his Androgenetic Alopecia on the crown.
View attachment 141047 2010 with toppik: You can see his peeled vertex, which he tries to cover with toppik
View attachment 141044 View attachment 141043
2014 with toppik: You can see how as soon as his hair gets a little messy as you notice his receding hairline.
View attachment 141045
2014 without toppik: You can see how without toppik it maintains a good front (even if narrow) but how the temples are recessed and open.
View attachment 141046
You can def see the Norwood 7 pattern happening but he’s near 50, still I don’t think at any age men like being bald

reckless

Established Member
Reaction score
You can def see the Norwood 7 pattern happening but he’s near 50, still I don’t think at any age men like being bald
Especially a celebrity.

Eminem has made a career out of juvenile humour and mocking other people.

He said this to Moby in one of his songs - ”you 36-year-old bald-headed f**, blow me.”

What goes around comes around. He has been balding for over 10 years now.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
From what I remember once women get into their 30s they don't care as much about a guy balding. My wife certainly didn't. They are more worried about getting past their biological sell by date rather than what their dumb friends are going to say. Teens and 20s really are an immature and superficial decade, glad I'm past them now.

Looking back my balding started in my late teens but was not obvious until my early to mid 20s. Without finasteride I would have been a good complete cue ball by 30 for sure. I probably will be in a year's time :D
My gf is in her 20s and she doesn't mind. The only time she cared was when I buzzed my head, she was really upset and kept asking "why" lol.