Embarrassing!!

elliotramsey

Established Member
Reaction score
Newark, New Jersey mayor Corey Booker visited my college a couple months ago and gave a speech to probably 1000 students.

Afterwards there was a question and answer session. I was up in the balcony so i couldn't see the people asking questions below me, but when one guy came up to ask a question, Mr. Booker (who is bald with a shaved head) said, in front of a thousand people mind you, "Dude, are you balding??!" At the time I was considering asking a question but that thought quickly left me. I felt so bad for the guy he just called out. Its bad enough having it brought up in front of friends or family, but in front of hundreds of people!! He then continued saying "Man, i'd just shave it off, thats what i did!"

Either way, that would have been embarrassing beyond belief....

waldo

Reaction score
just like in any group of people, theres idiots and nice guys among the baldies.

any balding dude would immediatly identify my hairstyle as a desperate attempt to cover up growing temples and hairline recession,

so theres the a**h** baldies who shaved, and say things like "your hair looks like a rats nest dude" or are making comments for other non-balding people (girls for example, who wouldnt identify the cause for my hairstyle) to see that i am a baldy-in-denial. these are the guys that pretty much are just jealous that i can still get away with looking decent with what i have left.

and then theres the nice baldies who are somewhat self confident, and actually feel the special bond of baldism, and say encouraging things, and try to be supportive. "you're looking good pal don't worry about it".

guess that guy was the first kind

Reaction score
waldo said:
just like in any group of people, theres idiots and nice guys among the baldies.

any balding dude would immediatly identify my hairstyle as a desperate attempt to cover up growing temples and hairline recession,

so theres the a**hole baldies who shaved, and say things like "your hair looks like a rats nest dude" or are making comments for other non-balding people (girls for example, who wouldnt identify the cause for my hairstyle) to see that i am a baldy-in-denial. these are the guys that pretty much are just jealous that i can still get away with looking decent with what i have left.

and then theres the nice baldies who are somewhat self confident, and actually feel the special bond of baldism, and say encouraging things, and try to be supportive. "you're looking good pal don't worry about it".

guess that guy was the first kind

This is so true!

I've experienced both of those type of bald guys you've highlighted waldo.

When I was 17 I was told by a teacher of mine that I was receding and would be bald by 21. Not only did he tell the whole class but he said it with such glee. Reading this you're probably thinking that I must have been a trouble maker or gave this teacher grief for his baldness but neither could be further from the truth. Fair enough, I was receding but really what did this guy have to gain from embarrassing me like that.

elliotramsey

Established Member
Reaction score
It was weird because he didn't say it in an a**hole like manner.. but still i wouldn't have wanted to be the one who was on the receiving end of the comment