Embarking on the propecia journey.

Napoleon

Reaction score
So I'm going to start propecia either tomorrow or the next day.

Most my baldness is centered around the hairline, though my hairline is perfectly intact, no receding at all. The are behind the hairline is pretty devoid of hair though, not too bad, but if you look you'll see my scalp. Will propecia help thicken this area up, or is it a lost cause?

The rest of my baldness is around the crown, but right now it is extremely slight. Almost impossible even for me to notice. Is this where propecia will work the best?

I figure I'm just going to buzz my hair start propecia, and continue taking rogaine. Think it'll work?

Oh and propecia wont effect muscle gain right? I work out a lot.

G

yeah i'd start propecia and rogaine together i guess because i don't think propecia will give you much.i mean you can see if propecia will but you have to give it at least 9-10 months in my opinion before you can tell if it's regrowing hair for you. so i'd just start the rogaine foam. i wish i'd started earlier because it's so easy. i just started today. it takes me a minute and a half to do it each time.

paximperia

Established Member
Reaction score
Propecia thickened my hair line, but not nearly as much as the crown, and my temple hair loss was minor to start with. I would still like to see my temples grow in a little thicker, which is why I started w/ Nizoral and Minoxidil as well.

stampede

Experienced Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
so i'd just start the rogaine foam. i wish i'd started earlier because it's so easy. i just started today. it takes me a minute and a half to do it each time.

Told you so :p

minoxidil is great. After just a few months it has thickened my hair up front nicely.

Also agree that the OP should get on Nizoral, it's a cheap and easy regimen boost.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
paximperia said:
Propecia thickened my hair line, but not nearly as much as the crown, and my temple hair loss was minor to start with. I would still like to see my temples grow in a little thicker, which is why I started w/ Nizoral and Minoxidil as well.

I have experienced the same thing.

Crown got noticeablly better after 6-7 months, yet hairline maintained with the help of minoxidil.

I know finasteride helped on the crown cuz I wasn't applying foam on the crown.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
JayMan said:
yeah i'd start propecia and rogaine together i guess because i don't think propecia will give you much.i mean you can see if propecia will but you have to give it at least 9-10 months in my opinion before you can tell if it's regrowing hair for you. so i'd just start the rogaine foam. i wish i'd started earlier because it's so easy. i just started today. it takes me a minute and a half to do it each time.

yah but ur hair is short now...when its normal length its gonna be a little tougher to apply it and then try to style it.