Electrical Stimulation Revisited: Studies From 1990, 2003, 2015 And 2019

fugged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just throwing this out there.

All of these studies showed positive results. I know this was brought up recently here: https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...air-with-electric-pulses.125870/#post-1851650
Where a member named @CastorTroy claimed results.

1990 study: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2397975 "It is notable also that 29 of the 30 treatment subjects (96.7%) exhibited regrowth or no further hair loss."

2003 study combined with essential oils: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF02850093 "Mean hair count comparisons within the groups significantly favor the treatment group, which exhibited a decrease in hair loss in 83% of the volunteers and a more than 20% hair count increase over baseline in 53% of patients."

2015 study: https://www.researchgate.net/public...he_activation_of_Wnt-catenin_and_MAPK_pathway Granted, on mice but "At low voltage power (3.5V) and low frequency (1MHz or 2MHz) with AC, in vitro proliferation of hDPCs was successfully induced. A significant increase in Wnt/β-catenin, Ki67, p-ERK and p-AKT expression was observed under the afore-mentioned settings."

And the latest from 2019, soon to start human trials: https://www.newscientist.com/articl...-with-electricity-helps-reverse-male-balding/

There seems to be a number of devices out there for either stimulating muscles, hair, or skin rejuvenation. Granted no one seems to be using this, but the research seems to indicate there is something to it..

I just feel like stimulating existing follicles and keeping them from fading away is so important, and "kitchen sink" thinking is really necessary for many people. I really wonder if we are turning every rock, its frustrating knowing there has to be an answer out there. What say you?

Iah11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The most exciting thing about this that it's been shown to work in a couple of human trials already as well as in multiple mouse models. Practically though, the best thing about the treatment is it only needs to go through 1 clinical trial to be approved as it's a device not a drug. The researcher says his dad grew new hair with the device in one month. I hope we hear more from this soon.

HAIRGOAT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have Tesla brush but i started using 3 or 4 topical at the same time... so my uses of it have been lack luster due to time it takes and sheer cackling noise of arching electrical fields in the glass tubes .....its loud

fugged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Question is now do we wait or start playing around with it and compare notes?

HairOnFire

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I ordered a Violet Ray off of eBay, and received it a couple of days ago. I haven't tried it yet. After I got it, I read that you shouldn't use it if you consume alcohol, that it will cause burns, or worse. Since I am a heavy drinker, this is a problem, and may preclude me from using it. Does anyone know the precise interaction between Violet Ray and alcohol? I'll have to do some tests on my arms, with and without alcohol, before I try it on my scalp.

fugged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Jeez go easy.. I have no idea, the "violet ray" things seems powerful. Im looking at really weak devices that are adjustable... One study (though it was mice I believe) did say the power they were using.. Either way, Id maybe start on a temple or area and give it a bit of time and see? Just be careful and maybe no flammable booze lol, beer should be ok just dont hurt yourself.

d3nt3dsh0v3l

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I ordered a Violet Ray off of eBay, and received it a couple of days ago. I haven't tried it yet. After I got it, I read that you shouldn't use it if you consume alcohol, that it will cause burns, or worse. Since I am a heavy drinker, this is a problem, and may preclude me from using it. Does anyone know the precise interaction between Violet Ray and alcohol? I'll have to do some tests on my arms, with and without alcohol, before I try it on my scalp.

When the glass electrode of the violet ray makes contact with the skin, ozone is generated from the oxygen in the air. Ozone is very reactive and is a strong oxidant, so it can combust nearby organic residues. In fact, such a treatment is often used to clean organic residues off a variety of substrates. The warning is likely saying do not use rubbing alcohol on your skin prior to applying the violet ray as the combustion of the alcohol may result in burns for you and law suits for the manufacturer.

Cheers!

fugged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Seems a bit sketchy? I have no idea. I was looking at some (rather shady?) electroacupuncture devices? Seems milder at least.

HairOnFire

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When the glass electrode of the violet ray makes contact with the skin, ozone is generated from the oxygen in the air. Ozone is very reactive and is a strong oxidant, so it can combust nearby organic residues. In fact, such a treatment is often used to clean organic residues off a variety of substrates. The warning is likely saying do not use rubbing alcohol on your skin prior to applying the violet ray as the combustion of the alcohol may result in burns for you and law suits for the manufacturer..

Thanks!