Electric Scalp Stimulation For Hair Growth

Andi0501

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dear members,
What do you think from electric stimulation of scalp against baldness?

Nostro300

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

fugged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I passed these around some time ago, and have been wondering about it recently again. I think at the time there was some new device coming also. Anyway, getting bleak on my end would sure like a stimulant to revive the follicles I still have/.

Nostro300

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm going to buy an electric "stimulator" from AliExpress and give it a try

Nostro300

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1990 study

"Abstract This comparative, controlled study demonstrates the positive biologic effect on hair regrowth of a pulsed electrical field administered according to a regularized treatment schedule over 36 weeks. Mean hair count comparisons within the groups significantly favor the treatment group, which exhibited a 66.1% hair count increase over baseline. The control group increase over baseline was 25.6%. It is notable also that 29 of the 30 treatment subjects (96.7%) exhibited regrowth or no further hair loss. The process is without side effects and untoward reactions. The rationale of this phenomenon is unclear but is considered to be due to an electrophysiologic effect on the quiescent hair follicle, similar to that documented with respect to bone fracture and soft tissue repair enhancement. The electrical pulse may cause increased cell mitosis through calcium influx, involving both the hair follicle sheath and dermal papilla cells. "

fugged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yes. Only downside is it’s from 1990, so why no further development? Lack of efficacy? Or lack of interest/follow up due to distraction and noise while everyone is looking for that magic pill?

fugged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
All I know is the massages (for me anyway) when done fast/vigorously, are really stimulatory- in other words in my experience almost orgasmic feeling… both during and a “glow” after. Slightly like after a laser cap session. I can’t help but wonder if all that nerve stimulation or whatever is going on, is beneficial. Downside is, for me, that it blows out my weak hair which is substantial- yielding terrible scary results in the short term and leading me to halt the massage, at least in that form. Would take some real guts to continue and see what emerges in the long term at the short term expense of existing hair, but since this is all so slow and a long run game one wonders. I feel like any stimulation would possibly increase vasculature and “life” but obviously that’s speculation. I do think that our hair-losing scalps do become “dead” though, which seems to be borne out by scientific analysis, wether it is via calcification, scar tissue, skin thickening, or whatever. Problem is no one or very few dedicate themselves down these paths of experimentation and inquiry. We abandon ship for the next thing.

Nostro300

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yes. Only downside is it’s from 1990, so why no further development? Lack of efficacy? Or lack of interest/follow up due to distraction and noise while everyone is looking for that magic pill?
Ru58841 exists since 1980 but only in recent years has it had notoriety.

This is a scientific study. My only criticism is that the placebo group had a 25% hair growth increase, which leads me to believe that they didn't properly mesure the results

LongWayHome

Established Member
Reaction score
All I know is the massages (for me anyway) when done fast/vigorously, are really stimulatory- in other words in my experience almost orgasmic feeling… both during and a “glow” after. Slightly like after a laser cap session. I can’t help but wonder if all that nerve stimulation or whatever is going on, is beneficial. Downside is, for me, that it blows out my weak hair which is substantial- yielding terrible scary results in the short term and leading me to halt the massage, at least in that form. Would take some real guts to continue and see what emerges in the long term at the short term expense of existing hair, but since this is all so slow and a long run game one wonders. I feel like any stimulation would possibly increase vasculature and “life” but obviously that’s speculation. I do think that our hair-losing scalps do become “dead” though, which seems to be borne out by scientific analysis, wether it is via calcification, scar tissue, skin thickening, or whatever. Problem is no one or very few dedicate themselves down these paths of experimentation and inquiry. We abandon ship for the next thing.
Beautifully put.

Nostro300

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here is an interesting study from 2015

This is the results on this study.
Time-dependent-changes-in-microscopic-findings-of-the-electrically-stimulated-skin-The-8(1).png

Time-dependent changes in microscopic findings of the electrically stimulated skin. The 8 V with 3 MHz was selected as a condition for comparison of time-dependent changes in hair growth and hair-related gene expression for 8 weeks. (a) Hair follicle and hair size increased in a time-dependent manner. (b) Time-dependent increase in proliferative hair follicle cells was noted by Ki67 staining. (c) Time-dependent increase in VEGF around hair follicles was observed. (a: H&E staining 950, b: Ki67 staining 9100, c: VEGF antibody staining 950).

Anyone care to weigh in?

Nostro300

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How long did these daily sessions last?
"The cell viability and pro-liferation of hDPCs was assessed under various electrical settings,and specific condition [3.5 V/1 MHz/10 min/24 h] induced thehighest significant increase in proliferation."

ie:
10 minute sessions every day

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is the results on this study.
View attachment 163413
Time-dependent changes in microscopic findings of the electrically stimulated skin. The 8 V with 3 MHz was selected as a condition for comparison of time-dependent changes in hair growth and hair-related gene expression for 8 weeks. (a) Hair follicle and hair size increased in a time-dependent manner. (b) Time-dependent increase in proliferative hair follicle cells was noted by Ki67 staining. (c) Time-dependent increase in VEGF around hair follicles was observed. (a: H&E staining 950, b: Ki67 staining 9100, c: VEGF antibody staining 950).

Anyone care to weigh in?
Done with a rabbit.----

berrymany

My Regimen
Reaction score
yes, i am doing too. i bought special device for stimulation and make the massage every 2-3 days

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Instead of trying something which has questionable results, I strongly suggest you read this post:

Thread 'Group Buy: ARV-110 PROTAC+ WAY-200070 ERb Agonist' https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...arv-110-protac-way-200070-erb-agonist.134445/

It sounds to be the most promising and cheaper option we have had for Hairloss.

ARV-110 is a PROTAC based on same concept as Kintor Pharmaceuticals GT20029 PROTAC which is only going to be released around 2027.

That we can get ARV-110 which is similar to GT20029, now, and probably for far cheaper, sounds like a much better option of investing our money into.

Read this thread for all the details.