ejaculation stimulates testosteron to DHT conversion

science-jay

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok, for all those people saying that it's impossible ejaculation has something to do with hairloss:

1. There are people with great hair who have a lot of sex, this does NOT mean there's no correlation between the two
2. it's the same with people without diabetes, for them there is also no relation between sugar and feeling ill,

People with male pattern baldness are different than the normal population, because they are more sensitive to testosteron > DHT conversion

now check this out:

Hum Reprod Update. 2006 Jul-Aug;12(4):437-48.
Oxytocin--its role in male reproduction and new potential therapeutic uses.
Thackare H, Nicholson HD, Whittington K.
Clinical Science at South Bristol (Obstetrics & Gynaecology), Henry Wellcome Laboratories for Integrated Neuroscience and Endocrinology, University of Bristol, Whitson Street, Bristol, UK.

Oxytocin (OT) is traditionally thought of as a "female" neurohypophysis hormone due to its role in parturition and milk ejection. However, OT is recognized as having endocrine and paracrine roles in male reproduction. At ejaculation, a burst of OT is released from the neurohypophysis into the systemic circulation and stimulates contractions of the reproductive tract aiding sperm release. There is conclusive evidence that OT is synthesized within the mammalian testis, epididymis and prostate and the presence of OT receptors (OTRs) through the reproductive tract supports a local action for this peptide. OT has a paracrine role in stimulating contractility of the seminiferous tubules, epididymis and the prostate gland. Interestingly, OT has also been shown to modulate androgen levels in these tissues via stimulation of the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestostone (DHT) by 5alpha-reductase.
The elucidation of OT's role in male reproduction has suggested a number of potential therapeutic uses for this hormone. Exogenous administration of OT has, in some cases, been shown to increase the numbers of ejaculated sperm, possibly by stimulating contractions of the reproductive tract and thus aiding sperm passage. Within the prostate, OT has been shown to affect gland growth both directly and via its interaction with androgen metabolism. Prostate pathologies due to unregulated cell proliferation/growth, such as benign prostatic hyperplasia and cancer, are unfortunately very common and few effective treatments are available. Greater understanding of paracrine growth mediators, such as OT, is likely to provide new mechanisms for treating such pathologies.
PMID: 16436468 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
TextText

docj077

Reaction score
Please take notice that what you posted is tissue specific. There have been far too many studies posted here demonstrating a particular androgen response in one tissue, which later turns out to be completely different from the response in the scalp.

science-jay

Established Member
Reaction score
docj077 said:
Please take notice that what you posted is tissue specific. There have been far too many studies posted here demonstrating a particular androgen response in one tissue, which later turns out to be completely different from the response in the scalp.

absolutely true. But, correct me if i'm wrong, wasn't finasteride also expected to be tissue specific in the prostate for BPH?
For what is worth, my personal experience is that my skin is much oilier when i have more sex, permanent, so i wouldn't be surprised if the sebaneas glands are targets involved. I have the full-text version of the article, i'm gonna look a bit in to it,

G

Science Jay, stop confusing people with facts.

And why do you insist on equating sex with something sinful or dirty?

What's wrong with you? :laugh:

docj077

Reaction score
The other problem I have with this study is the lack of serum androgen level studies. Studying tissues does not correlate well with any change in serum DHT. Ejaculation may cause a brief surge in DHT levels locally within the testes, but that will not correlate with an increase systemically. There is too much androgen binding protein keeping the androgens well localized and at concentrations that are many times the serum levels.

science-jay

Established Member
Reaction score
it's interesting people always get so emotional when you talk about the relation between sex, androgens and hairloss.
I'm the LAST person who want to promote unproven treaments

I''ve been on these combination of treatments with no succes (strong degradation of hair and receding fast):

- Propecia 4 years
- Minoxidil 5% 6 years
- spironolactone-cream 5% 8 years
- Tricomin + Folligen 3 years
- Nizoral 8 years
- 10 years of Super-Zix, Zix, ACV rinse, Fish oils, GLA-oils, Vitamins, Saw palmetto, Grape seed, Topical green tea,
Nettle, amino-acids etc etc etc.

With these treaments, wich all where longer than 2 years, and no results i'm looking into other factors contributing to my hairloss, so yes maybe my last treatment-test is ejaculation control, scalp massages etc.
I'm open to any theory, doesn't mean i grant every theory

goata007

Established Member
Reaction score
science-jay said:
With these treaments, wich all where longer than 2 years, and no results i'm looking into other factors contributing to my hairloss, so yes maybe my last treatment-test is ejaculation control, scalp massages etc.

for how long were you able to maintain your hair with the above treatments? how often do you have sex/masturbate?

G

science-jay said:
it's interesting people always get so emotional when you talk about the relation between sex, androgens and hairloss.
I'm the LAST person who want to promote unproven treaments

I''ve been on these combination of treatments with no succes (strong degradation of hair and receding fast):

- Propecia 4 years
- Minoxidil 5% 6 years
- spironolactone-cream 5% 8 years
- Tricomin + Folligen 3 years
- Nizoral 8 years
- 10 years of Super-Zix, Zix, ACV rinse, Fish oils, GLA-oils, Vitamins, Saw palmetto, Grape seed, Topical green tea,
Nettle, amino-acids etc etc etc.

Perhaps you're taking too much stuff, and they're counter-acting each other?

Also, I think all those synthetic chemicals are garbage, and are slowly poisoning your system.

In addition, if your diet is overly acidic (too much meat, pasta, sugar, refined grains), and not alkalinic enough (from green vegetables), your body condition will gradually deteriorate.

With regard to my situation, I just looked in the mirror, and I see little hairs growing in. The only things I've taken consistently so far have been:

SP extract
Pygeum extract
Green Tea extract
Nettle Root

and HairX, Flax Oil and Hemp Oil off and on.

I just added a bunch more stuff, as well as 1 oz. of Wheatgrass juice per day, to alkalize my bloodstream, and am drinking a lot of water with honey and lemon juice to help my body absorb, metabolize and excrete all these supplements I'm taking.

I figure it will probably take another year or two to get full regrowth, but that's fine, as long as it all grows back. I may also use the laser comb again at some point, because I'm realizing the migraines I had from it were probably not due to that device.

Regarding circulation: it's not the main cause of male pattern baldness, but it allows the nutrients to reach the hair follicles, because from what I've read, once the hair follicles go dormant, the scalp skin becomes thinner, reducing circulation.

IBM

Reaction score
I think the key is to raise estrogen with phytoestrogens found in certain foods.

G

IBM said:
I think the key is to raise estrogen with phytoestrogens found in certain foods.

From what I'm reading, phytoestrogens dock onto estrogen receptors in the body but don't activate them.

By neutrally occupying those receptors, they prevent real estrogen from docking there and creating negative effects.

hawks05

Established Member
Reaction score
Erik D- Have you read up on anything by Dr. Robert O. Young and alkalinity, just curious as you mentioned alkalinity in your post and as far as i can tell he is a pioneer of this research

bubka

Reaction score
Erik D said:
With regard to my situation, I just looked in the mirror, and I see little hairs growing in. The only things I've taken consistently so far have been:

SP extract
Pygeum extract
Green Tea extract
Nettle Root

and HairX, Flax Oil and Hemp Oil off and on.

I just added a bunch more stuff, as well as 1 oz. of Wheatgrass juice per day, to alkalize my bloodstream, and am drinking a lot of water with honey and lemon juice to help my body absorb, metabolize and excrete all these supplements I'm taking.
you forgot to tell him about using bee pollen :woot:

G

hawks05 said:
Erik D- Have you read up on anything by Dr. Robert O. Young and alkalinity, just curious as you mentioned alkalinity in your post and as far as i can tell he is a pioneer of this research

No, I haven't. Sounds interesting though.

Most of the stuff I learned came from a book I read by David Wolfe.

Also, at whole foods I scanned this book titled "Alkalize or Die"... real interesting stuff.

You too are familiar with the benefits of alkalizing diets?