Eirion patent -- company featured on HF

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score

FROM Hair follicle thought:

“Eirion’s pre-clinical product candidates ET-02 and ET-03, which contain the same small molecule, employ a brand-new mechanism of action which corrects an aging defect in the hair follicle stem cells that Eirion has discovered causes androgenic alopecia and hair greying. Eirion believes that ET-02 and ET-03 can either prevent the defect from occurring or reverse the defect which would result in either new hair growth in those who have lost hair or the return of hair color for those who have turned grey.

In controlled non-clinical studies of human scalp tissue affected by androgenic alopecia, ET-02 demonstrated approximately twice the hair growth compared to a control treatment over approximately 4 months, which was statistically significant, and amounted to approximately three times the hair growth per centimeter over that which was observed in minoxidil clinical trials that were 12 months in duration. Eirion plans to launch its first clinical trial of ET-02 next year.”

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice to see something hitting a different pathway, and it works orally too. It's just a shame they won't begin clinical trials until next year.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think the hair loss med will be oral because it can prevent your blood from clotting which could be deadly in an accident. However, they did confirm that it works on the follicles orally, and otherwise it looks pretty safe systemically and generally beneficial. So the possibility for oral use is there if your doctor agreed to it.