Egr2 (krox20) Needed For Hair Growth. Scf (stem Cell Factor) Needed For Hair Colour

B

bekeero

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...-cancer-stumble-breakthrough-search-baldness/

Now it’s Dr Lu Le at UT Southwestern Medical Centre looking for a cancer cure against tumors, who finds KROX20 and SCF which is needed for hair and pigment.

This, while just 2 weeks ago, Dr. Peter de Keizer at Erasmus Medical Centre looking for a brain tumor cure, found FOXO4-DRI Proxofim which is needed for senescent cell destruction and hair growth.

http://www.cell.com/cell/fulltext/S0092-8674(17)30246-5

Anyone who still wants to state that anti-cancer (tumor) drugs and future anti-hairloss drugs are not related to each other … (?)

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Wow great find! How can we not be hopeful?

With this knowledge, we hope in the future to create a topical compound or to safely deliver the necessary gene to hair follicles to correct these cosmetic problems.

Get the feeling we could all be rilly ridiculously good looking again. :p

Last edited:

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Same sh*t every year.

I think i understand your pessimism. I wish human biology wasn't so complex, and that big pharma had invested in basic research instead of riding the profits of old drug discoveries since the 1980s. They were granted the privilege to insulate themselves from market forces with 20 and 30-year patent protections. I wish that waiting for an effective treatment for hair loss was as easy as ordering a pizza, or anticipating release of the latest iPhone. We will have to wait for it, tho. No shortcuts in science I'm afraid.

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I dont understand why anyone is pessimistic anymore. Havent you heard? Reboost has been released!! Our savior is already here!:rolleyes:

OFXMBLD

Reaction score
They were granted the privilege to insulate themselves from market forces with 20 and 30-year patent protections.

So true, but this was inevitable with all the regulations which make getting a new drug to market so expensive. If you spend 1 billion dollars standing on your head and dotting all your i's for a new drug, you need your patents to last longer than 5 years. Now of course, this coincidentally makes it impossible to enter the market without a billion dollars to gamble away on a new cure.

abcdefg

Reaction score
I think i understand your pessimism. I wish human biology wasn't so complex, and that big pharma had invested in basic research instead of riding the profits of old drug discoveries since the 1980s. They were granted the privilege to insulate themselves from market forces with 20 and 30-year patent protections. I wish that waiting for an effective treatment for hair loss was as easy as ordering a pizza, or anticipating release of the latest iPhone. We will have to wait for it, tho. No shortcuts in science I'm afraid.

Crap like patents isnt science though its just bureaucracy and old antiquated systems no one feels like changing. Not a lot of effort goes into male pattern baldness anyway. We have tons of possible avenues and things we now know are involved with male pattern baldness its just no one feels like taking that and turning it into a concrete product. Putting money into that I mean

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
We have tons of possible avenues and things we now know are involved with male pattern baldness its just no one feels like taking that and turning it into a concrete product. Putting money into that I mean

Youre right, big pharma chose to dole out blue chip shareholder dividends on old drugs rather than invest in basic research of all kinds not just hairloss. How many versions of Tylenol and Tums do we need?

This is yet another discovery and avenue of possibility produced by a public institution.

Last edited:

resu

Reaction score

Follisket

Established Member
Reaction score
If only it worked that way. Imagine f*****g your way to hair.
Sadly, I haven't seen good hair on Grindr in ages. If anything, I've always suspected a higher prevalance of baldness in homosexual men.

max310

Established Member
Reaction score
Omg I will have my hair back when I turn 50. I'm too excited I will cry. Thanks to all the retarted scientists who helped us. Thanks to all my family who supported me. Love you people.

GiveMeAccessToMyAccount

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Me lurking HairLossTalk.com for a hair loss cure for the past 8 years:

sllit0.gif