beaner

Reaction score
plat said:
Hi,

I run accross the following article:

http://www.japancorp.net/Article.Asp?Art_ID=12601

Plat

This is the only article I found on that link:
Tokyo, May 30, 2006 (JCN) - On May 29, Banyu Pharmaceutical announced that the results of its recent trial of Propecia, an agent for the treatment of androgenetic alopecia (Androgenetic Alopecia), have been published in the May 16 issue of Japanese Journal of Clinical Dermatology, an academic dermatology journal.

According to the journal, the company has confirmed the safety and efficacy of Propecia Tablet 1mg in a 3-year administration. Propecia (finasteride), which was developed by Merck & Co., is indicated for the treatment of male pattern hair loss on the vertex and anterior mid-scalp area.

Not trying to be a dick, but what is the point of this? Or is there more to the article that I haven't seen because there isn't one ounce of useful information here....all it says is Propecia has been shown to be effective and safe for 3 years......this is nothing remotely new.

plat

Reaction score
Beaner wrote:
[....this is nothing remotely new]

Any new confirmatory study concerning the safety of finasteride and published in a Scientific Journal is welcomed, given the fact that, concerning Androgenetic Alopecia, finasteride is used almost by very young people and long term safety has to be proven.

Felk

Reaction score
I welcome it too.

It's another independent study, i believe, and this is always good news.