Efficacy of hair transplant at Young Age for a Diffuse Thinner

Uiskii to Biiru

Reaction score
This is just a simple thought experiment using something of an idealized type:

Assume the following facts about a man's hairloss situation:

1. He is a diffuse thinner with 50% original density in all areas of the vertex and crown.

2. His hair is at 100% original density on the sides and back (i.e. the areas that an NW6 maintains).

3. Aside from the thinning which gives the impression of a weaker hairline, it is in the same position that it always was, and his crown has no bald patches.

That said, would it be advisable for this person to get a FUE hair transplant? Why, or why not? My reasoning is that even if the rest of his hair on the vertex and crown fell out he would still be left with some density on the top (i.e. the hairs that were transplanted), leaving him in nearly the same situation that he was before the procedure, which wouldn't be all that bad considering the alternative.

The only problem that I can envision lies in the difficulty of transplanting hairs to an area that isn't already slick bald... do any doctors do this? Better yet, can it be done? If it can be, then this would eliminate the potential for developing "islands" as male pattern baldness progressed.

Although this is not the most common of situations, I imagine that many of the posters here are in a similar situation. I am by no means very familiar with how hair transplants actually work, so any thoughts/comments/critiques would be appreciated.