Effects of taking finasteride while in puberty?

cocojambo

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello guys!

I'd like to know which are the effects of inhibiting DHT as a developing teen(16 years old).

Thanks.

cocojambo

Established Member
Reaction score
Well that's what I'm curious about,which parts of my developement will finasteride stunt?

g.i joey

Reaction score
Well that's what I'm curious about,which parts of my developement will finasteride stunt?

probably interrupted penis and scrotum development, bone structure, voice, you may stunt your growth, you might not grow a full beard (if you were supposed to). i mean my beard grows alot slower now that im on finasteride.

Basically everything that happens in puberty will most probably reverse or be stunted if you take finasteride, its a potent male hormone used MAINLY for development of a male in puberty, it really isnt advisable at all.

Brutus

Reaction score
probably interrupted penis and scrotum development, bone structure, voice, you may stunt your growth, you might not grow a full beard (if you were supposed to). i mean my beard grows alot slower now that im on finasteride.

Basically everything that happens in puberty will most probably reverse or be stunted if you take finasteride, its a potent male hormone used MAINLY for development of a male in puberty, it really isnt advisable at all.

I think it would only stunt body and facial hair, your bones only have 5 alpha reductase type 1 so I doubt you would see a stunting of bone structure.

If you hit puberty early you should be fine, but waiting until 18 is probably best.

Aesthetic

Established Member
Reaction score
probably wont grow facial hair or body hair, or muscle or bone growth or penis growth, *serious* wait til ur like 20

when i turned 20 i started to grow a full beard, like two months after i had my first major shed of my life. whats that tell U? my hormone's matured and i reached man hood

cocojambo

Established Member
Reaction score
probably wont grow facial hair or body hair, or muscle or bone growth or penis growth, *serious* wait til ur like 20

when i turned 20 i started to grow a full beard, like two months after i had my first major shed of my life. whats that tell U? my hormone's matured and i reached man hood

As far as I know penis growth is done by the time you're 16 and the only thing that would bother me from your list is the facial hair,but I'd rather have hair on my head rather than on my face.