Effect on Libido From Abstaining

Vigaku

Established Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering what happens to libido in say, a man who has been having sex for 7 years, decides not to have sex for the following 7 years, not even once. What happens to his libido after those 7 years? Does it stay the same, increase, get lowered, etc.

Probably a random question, but I'm a curious guy so...

ali777

Reaction score
Funny question :)

I haven't had much sex in the last year or year and a half. My libido is as high as ever.

To have a change in the libido something in you must change. Let's say you suddenly decide to abstain from sex, that requires lots of will power. That will power may help you reduce your libido, as you would be thinking less about sex.

If you really manage to not think about sex as much as a normal man does, I presume your libido will go down.

Vigaku

Established Member
Reaction score
Makes a lot of sense.

I guess fasting and praying more also does the same. Well, at least generally speaking. Often I think of getting blown while praying. Wierd, I know.

About the willpower part, you got that right. Damn. It's just been 3 days since the last time I mast'd (I think?) and I feel like my funeral is a few days from now. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that this morning I just figured out that fellatio was permissable in islam. Wtf...

ali777

Reaction score
I'm not muslim (ali is just a nickname), but I have read a lot about religion and the history of the Middle East.

Sex is halal in Islam, so you should have sex whenever you can as long as you do it with your lawful partner. Sex is seen both as hormonal need and as reproduction. So, if your hormones are telling you to have sex, if you have a partner, you should have sex. One of the controversial verses even says that a wife is supposed to service the husband...

We aren't allowed to talk about religion in this forum!!!!!!!!! But you brought it up, and I'm just clarifying it for you.... Feel free to have as much sex as you want. As long as you are married to the women you have sex with, sex is not a sin.

HughJass

Reaction score
Vigaku said:
I was just wondering what happens to libido in say, a man who has been having sex for 7 years, decides not to have sex for the following 7 years, not even once. What happens to his libido after those 7 years? Does it stay the same, increase, get lowered, etc.

You become a genius.

Saw it on Seinfeld. Happened to George.

Vigaku

Established Member
Reaction score
It all depends on your environment and how willing you are to keep your libido down, i.e. through fasting, praying, and the like. Like right now I have maybe 1.2% of a libido because I'm keeping my thoughts pure.

ali777 said:
I'm not muslim (ali is just a nickname), but I have read a lot about religion and the history of the Middle East.

Sex is halal in Islam, so you should have sex whenever you can as long as you do it with your lawful partner. Sex is seen both as hormonal need and as reproduction. So, if your hormones are telling you to have sex, if you have a partner, you should have sex. One of the controversial verses even says that a wife is supposed to service the husband...

We aren't allowed to talk about religion in this forum!!!!!!!!! But you brought it up, and I'm just clarifying it for you.... Feel free to have as much sex as you want. As long as you are married to the women you have sex with, sex is not a sin.
Well it sucks that I don't have a partner, and I most likely will not have one any time soon. I also think I will never have one due to the fact no one will accept me (this has not to do with my appearance although appearance may factor in anyway), but if I let her know that I want to be fellated after marriage, and that I do not plan on having kids...well..actually I think revealing just one of these two statements will give a "FVCK NO!" as a reply (she won't say these exact words but you get the point, lol).

As such I have to experience the terrible abstaining of masturbation after doing it constantly for 7 years. I don't know what this can be compared to. Personally I find this at least twice as hard as fasting every day of your life. Come to think of it I will be doing that also from now on in an attempt to lower my libido as much as possible. Goody. :sobbing:

aussieavodart said:
Vigaku said:

You become a genius.

Saw it on Seinfeld. Happened to George.
:spam:

ali777

Reaction score
Vigaku said:
but if I let her know that I want to be fellated after marriage, and that I do not plan on having kids...well..actually I think revealing just one of these two statements will give a "FVCK NO!" as a reply (she won't say these exact words but you get the point, lol).

Relationships/marriages are about sharing and communication. There is nothing wrong with asking your partner to give you a BJ now and then. Likewise, you should do your best to satisfy your partner. She might want you to do something that feels like a chore to you, but you have to do it for her.

Vigaku

Established Member
Reaction score
Very well said, Ali. Also excuse my last post if you don't mind. I can get emotional sometimes.

I plan on getting married, because I've come to realize I can't abstain completely from the habit I've had for 7 years (when I first started doing it, I didn't even know what it was. I was between 11 and 12 years old). It just developed because it felt so good, and I saw nothing wrong with it. Recently I couldn't abstain from it for more than a couple of days without crying for an entire night because the tension bounced off the charts.

In my attempt to abstain at least as much as possible, I have to marry. This is an obligation for me, as not only does it feel natural that it is one, I know it is one, because if I want to dispose of the habit completely, the only route is attempting to get married, because I know I can't abstain from gratification completely. I will openly admit now however, that not once, in any online source regarding the ruling on masturbation in Islam, have I found proof that the act is sinful, because time and time again, people use the verse in the Quran that talks about protecting your private parts from anything except for that which is allowed to you (women). None of these sources attempt to state how touching your dick is an act of "not protecting" your genitals. Does the Quran mean guarding from achieving an orgasm? Not necessarily, but I'm not trying to say it's permissable in Islam. I am just saying I've yet to see with my eyes absolute proof that God forbids it. The only thing actually claiming it is are hadiths (interpretations) of muslim scholars who happen to have no authority on choosing what's forbidden and what's not, because God can do that only.

I'm not making this argument to protect myself. I feel it is wrong, therefore I become impure when I do it. Considering the fact I don't even know if this is ok or not, there is a chance I'm getting bad deeds for it. I'm not taking the risk, so I'm getting my *** married if I can. I do it only when I don't feel impure as a result of it (overwhelming myself completely from abstaining).

Though let's just hope my wife doesn't demand kids from me. Although I believe it's highly unlikely to find a muslim girl who prefers not having kids, I have to still try search. I just cannot have kids, for reasons I keep to myself, and if I have to have kids in order to be married, I'll just continue to abstain, and if I have to have kids in order to get rid of the habit completely..well...then I don't see how it's my fault. You marry on the basis that you feel comfortable with the marriage, and if you're not comfortable with the marriage, it shouldn't happen...I guess it comes down to this question: is having kids obligatory? I honestly don't think so. May seem like a dumb question since without reproduction the species wouldn't last, but to my understanding the only thing the Quran mentions in regards to this, is that you shouldn't fear poverty and the like as a result of having kids, but I don't think it says anything along the lines of "you go to hell if you don't impregnate a women."

cuebald

Reaction score
take some oral spironolactone
that ought to lower it a bit

I always found that opiates (if you have any) kill my sex drive - try taking some before you go to bed if you have some.

ali777

Reaction score
You are paying too much attention to the details.....

You are still young, relax and don't think about it. Have fun when you can, and when the time is right you can think about getting married.

HughJass

Reaction score
Vigaku said:
Very well said, Ali. Also excuse my last post if you don't mind. I can get emotional sometimes.

I plan on getting married, because I've come to realize I can't abstain completely from the habit I've had for 7 years (when I first started doing it, I didn't even know what it was. I was between 11 and 12 years old). It just developed because it felt so good, and I saw nothing wrong with it. Recently I couldn't abstain from it for more than a couple of days without crying for an entire night because the tension bounced off the charts.

In my attempt to abstain at least as much as possible, I have to marry. This is an obligation for me, as not only does it feel natural that it is one, I know it is one, because if I want to dispose of the habit completely, the only route is attempting to get married, because I know I can't abstain from gratification completely.

option number 2: find way to transcend your neurosis/anxiety which is probably the cause of your rampant libido

I will openly admit now however, that not once, in any online source regarding the ruling on masturbation in Islam, have I found proof that the act is sinful, because time and time again, people use the verse in the Quran that talks about protecting your private parts from anything except for that which is allowed to you (women). None of these sources attempt to state how touching your dick is an act of "not protecting" your genitals. Does the Quran mean guarding from achieving an orgasm? Not necessarily, but I'm not trying to say it's permissable in Islam. I am just saying I've yet to see with my eyes absolute proof that God forbids it. The only thing actually claiming it is are hadiths (interpretations) of muslim scholars who happen to have no authority on choosing what's forbidden and what's not, because God can do that only.

^^^ all that stuff is just feeding your guilt, which feeds your anxiety

Pretty sure nobody in the world is dying because you can't stop choking your chicken.

I'm not making this argument to protect myself. I feel it is wrong, therefore I become impure when I do it. Considering the fact I don't even know if this is ok or not, there is a chance I'm getting bad deeds for it. I'm not taking the risk, so I'm getting my *** married if I can. I do it only when I don't feel impure as a result of it (overwhelming myself completely from abstaining).

did you ever think that perhaps marrying to trying to stop your never ending wank-habit is

a) a bit of turn off for the prospective woman

b) a REALLY bad basis for a relationship that could be considered normal

:shakehead:

ali777

Reaction score
aussieavodart said:
did you ever think that perhaps marrying to trying to stop your never ending wank-habit is

Although, what you are saying is true, lots of people go into relationships for sex only.

A solid relationship takes much more than lust, but there is nothing wrong with being with someone to purely based on lust. Sometimes people know they are together for one thing only and accept it as a fact. The obvious danger happens when one of the parties gets carried away and expects more than what's on the table.

Marrying only for sex is wrong.

Vigaku

Established Member
Reaction score
askas said:
If you don't watch p**rn and don't masturbate without a real physical need (not to get some fun or stress relief) your organism will start to adapt to the new situation and libido will lower a bit, but nothing serious will happen.
Agreed.

askas said:
The only problem I can see is a psycological one. It's not our body but our brain also needs women. :dunno: We need to touch them, smell and taste. And f*ck.
Agreed and lmao!

askas said:
if you live a spiritual life, the trance you get owerwhelms the rest and you can be happy without women, money and career. But if you are not a spiritual adept, then I can imagine certain psycological problems will arise from that.
I read that was not allowed. This is like living the life of a monk which is disliked and haram (well, according to hadiths anyway) in islam because you're not living the life you're supposed to be living. Then again any muslim in the west can't either because they're getting exposed to things they're probably not supposed to be, but God isn't some unmerciful tyrant. Quite the opposite actually.

ali777 said:
You are paying too much attention to the details.....

You are still young, relax and don't think about it. Have fun when you can, and when the time is right you can think about getting married.
How'm I supposed to have fun? :sobbing:

aussieavodart said:
option number 2: find way to transcend your neurosis/anxiety which is probably the cause of your rampant libido
It ain't rampant...I just can't abstain without hurting myself for that long. Anyway, I decided to limit myself to two nights a week (and the early mornings after those nights). Why? Well, I recently read taking a bath is an obligation after each time you have sex or ejaculate (though the Quran never mentions ejaculation. It says when you've "touched the woman") and considering I shower twice a week (hence the 2x week use of minoxidil) I can fap then take the neccessary shower afterwards. The reason for the following two days is I take a shower the following morning after minoxidil has been on my head to wash out the residue that not only causes flakes but rigidity of hair (can't even comb the damn thing).

Despite that I generally don't consider something haram when solely a hadith states so (meaning there's no mention of it in the Quran) I think this is the one I'm willing to believe in (though I don't have to believe in it, because it's not from the Quran, it's narrated by some dude named Bukhary. I swear it's like muslims treat him as if he's a half-messenger), because I know I can go with the limit, and if ejac happens to put you in an unclean state, my prayers and fastings will go for nothing. I ain't taking the risk.

^^^ all that stuff is just feeding your guilt, which feeds your anxiety

Pretty sure nobody in the world is dying because you can't stop choking your chicken.
I've had this philosophy always. Masturbation can't be haram when:

1. You aren't married, so it's not like you're leaving a partner (your wife) dissatisfied, or deserting her when you're married to her.

2. It's causing no "harmful" effects like some islamic articles are trying to prove to support their argument that it is haram (because it's having quite a beneficial one on me), although they will think hadiths alone forbid it but why they believe in it like it's part of the Quran I don't know. Said people believe you can't live solely off the Quran because it doesn't detail the life of Muhammed and it (the Quran) tells us to "obey him". This logic doesn't make sense. To obey the prophet does not mean live the exact same way he did, and when you think about it, "obey the messenger" is most obviously either:

1. Addressing a nation that was alive during the prophet's life (how else are you supposed to obey him? Can you obey a dead person?)

2. Means obey his "message" (the Quran) because notice it always says "Obey the messenger" or "obey Allah and his messenger". Quite a difference between that and "obey Muhammed", because the latter would mean you're more towards obeying the person and not the message he came with, which is what has the weight, not the personal likes and dislikes of the prophet.

3. Obey certain things stated him. Why are we to assume everything he told us to do (like let the beard grow) defines halal and haram? The prophet wasn't perfect himself. He one time turned and frowned when a blind man came to him.

The details of prayer and charity have also existed since Abraham. No need to use hadiths (which would go along with Sunna's) in this case because it is the practice of all monotheists since the time of Abraham. Sadly most muslims these days think of no one, no one, but Muhammed, Muhammed, Muhammed, whose name has been stained by false statements attributed to him and all this other crap. I've been getting bad impressions of the dude but this is probably because I fell victim to believing hadiths (you can't tell which are right and wrong. Just because they're being narrated from one guy doesn't make them right or authentic).

Yeah man, but you know how these strict, fundamental, spam-the-word-"no"-and-"haram"-everywhere notoriously bearded people are. They will tell you to do it even if it's solely for that reason. "The woman doesn't have to be excited. You just have to c*m in the right areas, i.e. anywhere in her (or on her lolz) as long as it isn't in her ***" <-yeah bullshit. Come to think of it however I don't understand how Islam allows perverted sex when it's...um..perverted..Islam allows perverted sex? Lol to the max when it supposedly despises masturbation so much and things like...shaving? (seriously?) and listening to music...well I still do this stuff anyway...in fact listening to a song right now...can't imagine that I'm "sinning" while I'm typing this up, but all this stuff is from hadiths (that contradict themselves and the Quran anyway) though I will agree not all hadiths are like this. Again I see no obligation on me to believe in 1.

Sorry for the LONG mostly-off-topic post guys. Even now while I'm typing this I forget the original reason I replied lol1!

Vigaku

Established Member
Reaction score
^Jesus I typed that...? Man I must've been so damn insecure...though I admit I am still a little.

Off-topic again, but, hadith are basically the bane of my existence at the moment. They are the reason for 95% of the misconceptions of Islam! F*ck them all to hell. Well, the bad ones.

Btw I have some microscopic picks of my scalp...I might be posting them soon. :)