eff male pattern baldness

jfhawk06

Established Member
Reaction score
I feel myself trying to figure out the extent of my hairloss a lot of the time. I'm always asking myself how bad my thinning looks, or to what degree my male pattern baldness is noticeable. There'll be certain days when I think my hair looks pretty good, and then there will be days when I want to put a brick through my bathroom mirror. I think that struggle I have with myself has killed my focus and energy. What's odd is that I've been losing my hair for about 2 years now but it was only last summer when I truly started to become affected by it. What made me all of the sudden worry about it so much? At what point did it become "glass half empty" for me, and why is that so? It all has to do with the denial stage of this shitty condition.

I can't figure out if I should just cut my hair down to a 1, or keep styling it the way I do. I don't want to be the balding guy who styles his hair in an effort to combat it. Sometimes I feel like it's mandatory for me to cut my hair short and just give up the styling, like some sort of "rule" that balding guys have to follow. When does your hair become too bad to style???

Sorry about the rant, going through a horrid shed.

WithTheLidOff

Established Member
Reaction score
hairloss..like a lot of difficult things goes through stages. Denial, sadness, anger......and eventually acceptance. I'll use myself as an example..when I got my eye glasses in grade 6, I thought it was the end of the world and that Id look like a freak to everyone. I obsessed about it and dwelled on it. I KNOW that hairloss is different and there are simpler alternatives to glasses yadda yadda yadda..but at the time that wasnt an option for me. Anyways, I havent thoguht about how my glasses make me look in about 10 years now. I found a pair that suits me really well, and I look better in them than I do without. Beleive me..its tough at the beggining ( i started thinning and receding at about 19) but as you get older it gets SO much easier. I'm sure that anyone on here thats been balding since their teens and are close to 30 would agree.
I am doing everythign I can to slow the hairloss down, but I look forward to the day where it just doesnt matter to me anymore. That day will come for me..and it will come for you too.