EDs Story

greengran1

Reaction score
Ok guys I have been lurking on this website for about 6 weeks know and have been unable to post because they wouldnt let me regiester from my yahoo account, had to wait till I moved home. I am 25 just graduated college two weeks ago. I have had very slight temple recession for the last year and a half nothing to worry about. About four months ago I made a very, very stupid decision. I took anabolic steroids for four weeks. Took about 8 shots total. Anyway it greatly accelarated my temple hair sheding and some temple loss. Anyway my hair still looks very good just about a square inch of loss at each temple, nothing that anyone notics because my hair covers it up.
I was lossing a lot of hair so obviously I freaked a little and I went on the big 3, using cheap generic minoxidil from Walmart. Anyway I have been on Propecia for 30 days and minoxidil for 5 weeks. About two to three weeks into minoxidil I had a crazy shed for about a week where I went from loosing about 35 hairs a day to 80-100. Thank God for this website or I would have freaked out even more than I did. Anyway this only lasted about a week or two, now Im back to loosing about 25-35 hairs a day. Anyway my hair still looks good but I really want to keep it.
As far as side affects from Propecia all I can say is mayby a slight drop in libido. But this is not a real problem as I am a super horny bastard anyway. Instead on thinking about sex every 5 minutes I think about it every 7 minutes on finasteride, not a big deal. Also mabey a slight drop in morning wood, nothign I would care about.
Anyway I do have a few questions for you vets, first on this website Tricomin is listed under proven treatments next to Minoxodil and finasteride, I am just wondering why, during those weeks when I was freaking out about my hairloss I did lots and lots of reasearch and was unable to find any conclusive studies that would show the affectivness of Tricomin.
Also I have been thinking about switching from 5% generic minoxidil to 5% Xandrox from Dr. Lee at night time to help suppress the DHT. I have also been thinking about using his 5% spironolactone lotion. I know that some of you vets would say that this might be over kill but adding spironolactone and switching to the same strenght Xandrox that I am using as my Generic minoxidil does not seem like it would cause any more shedding, just possibly some irritation. Money is not really tight for me right now and I done believe on going easy on hair loss.
At this time after reading extensively on hairloss I can see that in the end I will probably loose the battle therefore seeing how I am still in my mid twentys I want to buy as much time as I can. I dont belive in starting slow and gradually adding products, the way I see it I have already taken the two products that would cause the most sides, minoxidil and finasteride and I seem not to have any real bad sides to them. So I figure I would add 5% Xandrow and 5% spironolactone just to give that extra edge.
I guess thats the reason I really hate hairloss, im used to doing whatever it takes to solve my problems in life no matter how much time, effort, money, blood, sweat and sacrifice it takes. I want to fight male pattern baldness like a German Blitzkrieg across Europe. So I sure would appreciate any advice from you vets about this move.
I also do have one more thing to say and I will admit that this is very hypocritical of me because I still have lots of hair but I think that some of you guys who make statements like "no women will ever want me because Im bald" or "I met the perfect girl but Im depressed becuse I know that I could never have her because of my hair" really need to buck up a little. I went to a bar the other day with a crownd of people about 25-45 years old. About 80% of the guys were bald, balding, thinning or receding. Most of them were with women, so hot women, some average their hair loss didnt seem to stop them from having a good time.
I know that this is a long post but its my first and I wont give another till my update. I just want to finish with this thought, yes I am a hypocrite and I admit my hairloss does concern/ bother me a lot but I just want to say this. WE ARE MEN, please dont forget that it is women who are supposed to be super insecure about their looks. I definetly dont know a lot about women but I do know that they ARE TEN TIMES MORE INSECURE ABOUT THEMSELFS THEN WE ARE. Some of us on this website are begining to sound like the superficial women that we claim to despise.
Anyway its nice to meet you guys I hope I didnt come of to much as a hypocrit or a jerk, Ill keep you posted about my progress.

greengran1

Reaction score
Actually I made a typo, now after i month on finasteride and 5 weeks on minoxidil i am loosing about 35-45 hairs, those that I can count

damnthis

Established Member
Reaction score
looks like you have a good regimen going there,.
goodluck and keep us updated.