Ecology75's Story - (19 with PICS , rare situation?)

ecology75

Reaction score
Hi , im 19 turning 20 in few months , i have been suffering from hair loss or atleast i think it is since 16, but the thing is i actually lke short hair such as the one ive got now cos i can get a buzzcut or grade 0 which looks nice as ive got a decent shaped head , however i have realised that ive strted to lose bit of hair frm the crown or i think i am cos its weird the way its been losing , theres nothing more i would want than getting this har back and il be hppy for the hair ive got, i wouldnt want hair regrowth cos i would live with this , oh yeh and my father lost his hair in his early 40s but had large hair before that.
an some times when i go to the barber i onotice tht my crown is pretty red you kno but not all the time when i see it through the back mirror.
oh ye i am on nisim biofactors shampoo which i am happy with , it cleanses my hair and kind of forces out the little hairs.
i hav purchased minoxidil 5% foam its sitting in my draw i dont know whether to use it or not ?
thanks a lot and ps hw longu guys think it wil take me to get fully bald.
please guys tel me what solution to use to get my hair back
thanks a lot.

Attachments

• 31122008317.jpg
    31122008317.jpg
    713.2 KB · Views: 162
  • 31122008316.jpg
    31122008316.jpg
    801.7 KB · Views: 160
  • 31122008321.jpg
    31122008321.jpg
    811 KB · Views: 175

sunny75

Reaction score
Re: My story , 19 year old with pics , rare situation i think

I would say start on Rogaine immediately but keep track of your hair shedding, I am 23 loosing hair from 10 months and into 4th week of using Rogaine still shedding like hell, may be you will respond to it or may be not but give a try. Foam is easy to apply and you just need to apply on the vertex area so I think it won't take even 2 mins to do it. Hope for the best...

phantom2x

Established Member
Reaction score

if you use rogain u should keep using it otherwise you will lose more hair..i preffere propicia,i have been taking it for 3 years and it worked well so far...

ecology75

Reaction score

thts the thing i dont wna get into something and then make my hair dependent on it liek rogaine where my hair myt fall out if i stop using it , thts why i duno im thinkin of jus using the nisim shampoo and keepin it as it is
wht u guys think

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score

if you're serious about keeping your hair, get on propecia (finasteride) and minoxidil.

don't worry about the dependence thing, it's a bit blown out of proportion. yes, it is true you have to keep using it, but it is very easy, just like brushing your teeth or washing your hair. takes me all of 30 seconds before bed to apply the foam.

but i agree, your head looks good, so if it doesn't bother you that much, probably not worth the fuss.

nuttyrich

Established Member
Reaction score

I agree with tree get on rogaine and propecia,even shaved down you can see your bare scalp. I think at your current pace it will only go downhill w/o treatment. Taking propecia and using rogaine is not that much of a hassle, you can either opt for treatment or in a year or two go for the shaved head look as that's where it seems it's headed unless you stop the hair loss in it's tracks.

Regards,
Rich