eating soy

Fuzz

Reaction score
Yes, this all about the T/Estrogen hormonal balance(s) and their effects. I know hairloss-research recommends Mega Soy in their protocol for this very reason. More and more prelim literature seems to be hitting the media re: DHT not being the only hormonal trigger. Discussion re: SP, Nettle, and Pygeum also lend in the discussions on countering such hormonal balances (both DHT and estrogens). Ssshhh, do not mention SP too loud or HairLossTalk.com will hit this hard.

drinkrum

Reaction score
Soy _might_ have some affect on DHT (and thus decrease male pattern baldness to a certain extent) but current research has shown that eating large quantities of soy by men can lead to sexual dysfunction due to a surge in estrogen.

I have a hunch that the increase in estrogen causes a decrease in systemic testosterone production (via the negative feedback loop) which in turn decreases DHT or whatever. Remember that estrogen is formulated by your body from testosterone, so if estrogen levels rise, your body reacts my decreasing production of estrogen's precursor, testosterone.

But my theories have yet to be proven. And when they are proven, some one else will get all the credit. :)

D.

Fuzz

Reaction score
Yeah, playing with hormonal balances is plan hard.

I know the latest in regards to soy and male pattern baldness talks about it preventing the functioning of DHT rather than by blocking its formation.

ChiaHead

Established Member
Reaction score
I think taking soy in normal portions is a good thing.

c

Established Member
Reaction score
i eat soy products almost everyday, probably more than i should, but i like the stuff, and it's made no difference to my hair.

Jack_the_Lad

Established Member
Reaction score
if the soy reacts with DHT after it's been formed with testosterone, that should mean that you don't have the extra T and threrfore no extra rises in estrogen, just an opinion?