Early puberty an indication of male pattern baldness?

Hairforever

Established Member
Reaction score
This is something myself and others have wondered about and I'm interested to see if others on this site have a view either way on this. Do men who had started puberty early/ gone through it more quickly than the norm have a greater propensity to mph? I'm talking about boys barely into their teens with hairy legs, already shaving etc. Do they end up with early, more aggressive male pattern baldness?

Some people on this site link masterbation with exacerbation of male pattern baldness. But is it possible early masterbation in life triggers early onset of male pattern baldness? Also, regarding DHT, I think I read somewhere that production of this doesn't really start to kick in till late teens/early 20s? In this case how can boys as young as 14/15 start to bald?

Just a few thoughts I wondered anyone could shed a more knowlegable and scientific light on.

Chris87

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm 25 years old...only have to shave once every 4-5 days (don't have a lot of facial hair..and it grows very slowly)...have pretty much no chest or back hair...arms have hair but not a lot and its pretty thin...and I got male pattern baldness at the age of 22. I didn't hit puberty particularly early either.

Then there are guys who are covered in hair, have a 5 o'clock shadow by the middle of the day, and have perfect hair.

Its not so much your level of DHT that causes male pattern baldness..its more so your hair's genetic sensitivity to it.