Early Diffuse Thinning Or Too Late?

Jtay151

Reaction score
I'm 23 years old and started noticing thinning in the temple area March 2016. I've been keeping a close eye on in for the past year and have definitely noticed slow progression in the thinning. My hairline is still completely fine but as of recently I've noticed I can see my scalp at the very front of my hairline. I usually keep my hair buzzed to a 1 so this is the first time I've noticed this. It seems to me the entire front part of my hair is on its way to having the Lebrun James / Tiger Woods type of MBP.

I also wear hats all the time and the front part of the hat is always pressing on this area but I heard hair thinning from a hat is a myth.

I went to a derm a few months ago when I just noticed the temple thinning and she recommended rogaine but did not see any thinning in the front.

Have not started any treatment yet because I wasn't sure if I needed it but now I'm pretty sure I do.

I'm afraid I'm going to reach an advanced stage of balding fast due to this possible MBP pattern.

If I shave my head and start rogaine and procepcia, do I have a good chance to keep my hair how it is with no further loss?
I get a lot of attention from females and I'm young and in my prime and would really not like to go bald durning this time in my life lol.

Here's some pics.
I brushed my hair back with my hand so you can see the thinning area easier.
The last pic is my hair brushed forward.

Attachments

• IMG_3008.JPG
    IMG_3008.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 1,665
  • IMG_3009.JPG
    IMG_3009.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 613
  • IMG_3010.JPG
    IMG_3010.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 535
  • IMG_3011.JPG
    IMG_3011.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 551

g.i joey

Reaction score
If you wanna hold onto what you got and potentially thicken up forelock you gotta take dat der finasteride