Early balders who retained most of their hair without treatment?

Gone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it's a common assumption that men who start going bald earlier will also have more rapid hair loss, and will go fully bald at a younger age. Is there anyone here for whom this wasn't true? More specifically, I'm looking for examples of people who were able to hold onto most of their hair without a regimen.

Note: by early balding I mean like late teens to early twenties.

Last edited:

fashy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I seriously doubt you'll find people like that. If one starts balding at such a young age (16-26yrs) or even earlier, that means they are destined to, even if not fully, lose most of their hair by the time they are 30 or at least 40. I started balding young (17) and was coping with the idea that some people don't fully bald for decades and their baldness is very slow so the same can happen to me, but if I hadn't hopped on min+needling by now I would have been NW4 at 23 already.

Mind you, we're talking about male pattern baldness here. If you have some other rare form of balding (telogen effluvium), it's generally more unpredictable how much you're gonna lose for how much time. But most cases are either male pattern baldness, diffuse thinning or male pattern baldness+diffuse (which is what I have so lucky me on that front as well).

NamelessGhoul

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think if you're only receding and not thinning anywhere including the hairline, there is a chance that it will only slowly recede throughout your life, if you're thinning you're fucked.
yep. i didn't even consider myself blading when i had a receding hair line as the rest of my hair was thick. it's when it all started thinnin', that's when i actually realised

zaman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, I was already NW2 and slightly thin hair at 16-17 (in fact someone said they could see my scalp through hair gel at 13). In my 30s now and still NW2.5-3 and haven't lost much density. My hair overall is ok if I don't have it too short.

Regime was: finasteride for ~2 years on and off while in deniable about sides. Eventually had to stop. Used Nizoral 2% for years before realising it probably wasn't of any benefit. Touched minoxidil only once for maybe a fortnight, getting pulsatile tinnitus immediately (indicating it's going systemic I guess) so won't use it anymore.

But then I have other health issues (autoimmune) so maybe the density of my hair fluctuates depending on general health, and medications etc.

Just hanging out for something to make the density a bit better or even just assure no more lost ground, then I would definitely get a transplant.

arxidas

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it's a common assumption that men who start going bald earlier will also have more rapid hair loss, and will go fully bald at a younger age. Is there anyone here for whom this wasn't true? More specifically, I'm looking for examples of people who were able to hold onto most of their hair without a regimen.

I’m one of them . Started receding in hairline at 17-18 …. Im know 34 nw2-2.5 . Started recently fina cause of general thinning

fatelephant

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

It is sort-of true for me although by no means I can say that "held on to most of my hair". You can see photos in my other thread.

But I started going bald very early ... about 21 or 22. I remember pulling my hair back to show my friends (I had long hair) and them laughing and saying, "woah dude ... you need to get Rogaine or something!" ... and they all had really thick hair.

I'm now 43 years old, and a lot of those guys who had full heads of hair are now egg-bald or at best, just as bad as mine is now. So my hair-loss has been really slow, but I still lost a significant amount.

I've only just started treatment now to see if I can regrow a bit maybe.

Gone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you guys, it's nice to hear that early balding doesn't always mean what we fear it will.