Each year worse than the last?

EasyEd

Established Member
Reaction score
For those experiencing male pattern baldness, is it pretty safe to assume that every single year our hair will be worse than the year before it? Is it possible that one's hair can stabilize and at some point just stay a certain way for a long time or will it always just get worse and worse?

G

With the help of proven treatments such as minoxidil, Finasteride or Dutasteride it may even be possible that your hair IMPROVES. But a stabilization is even possible without the meds. Many refer to this as a "mature hairline".

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My hair has been stable since I started on propecia over six years ago and has even improved a little since starting dutjust over three years ago.

In fact I think the crown continues to thicken very slowly.

EasyEd

Established Member
Reaction score
Great news, thanks for the feedback. What has happened to your hairline over the years?

kalbo

Established Member
Reaction score
I sort of experienced a halt in hair loss over the years. At 16/17, that was when I first noticed I was balding and man did it come on hard. My hairline was receding and I was limiting my hairstyles because most of them exposed the thinning areas, so I ended up buzzing my hair. If I continued to lose hair at that rate, I would've surely been bald by 23.

But after that initial huge loss, the proceeding hair loss subsided for years up until I was 24/25 (I was still losing hair but it was relatively slow). At which time things went from slightly receding and slightly thinning, to rapid recession and advanced thinning.

TheGlamorous

Established Member
Reaction score
My hair got worse from:

15/16/17/18 to now. Started meds and it might be improving a little bit. So who knows. Because I caught it at a young age (which means i havent been losing for long), theres a strong chance my anti-angrogen is strong enough to trigger life in most of the hair ive lost.

Skaff

Established Member
Reaction score
Spec said:
My hair got worse from:

15/16/17/18 to now. Started meds and it might be improving a little bit. So who knows. Because I caught it at a young age (which means i havent been losing for long), theres a strong chance my anti-angrogen is strong enough to trigger life in most of the hair ive lost.

Spec, have you noticed any shedding, stablisation or regrowth since starting finasteride?

IBM

Reaction score
For ronaldkia: why you stop taking finasteride? If you started at 16 and continued you should have your hair.

Wezz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
pretty much getting worser every hair, day to day basis really where the hair loss becomes more visible but slowly so u cant really tell

Skaff

Established Member
Reaction score
Wezz said:
pretty much getting worser every hair, day to day basis really where the hair loss becomes more visible but slowly so u cant really tell

Why aren't you on finasteride? Sides?