[E/N] Saw Palmetto = Emo

bombscience

Reaction score
Wow, all i have to say is getting adjusted to my Saw Palmetto has caused me to be an emotional b**ch.

The herb is tossed me into some depression. But I think i'm slowly adjusting to it.

Weird!

Stingray

Reaction score
No no no, that's PMS. Another side effect of being a poosey and not getting on propecia before saw palmetto :p

bombscience

Reaction score
Stingray said:
No no no, that's PMS. Another side effect of being a poosey and not getting on propecia before saw palmetto :p

Haha... 1 more day man! Leave that to my first Dermo who WOULD NOT give me fina without me trying rogaine for 3 months.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
bombscience said:
Wow, all i have to say is getting adjusted to my Saw Palmetto has caused me to be an emotional b**ch. The herb is tossed me into some depression. But I think i'm slowly adjusting to it.
I had the *EXACT* same response to it! After about a week or three on it, I literally found myself sitting in my chair crying like a baby, and I DIDNT KNOW WHY. I wasn't sad about anything. Just had to cry! It felt like 10 tons was lifted off my back when I stopped taking Saw Palmetto, within about 24 hours of taking my last pill. Felt like I was high on a drug and could conquer the world. I've been waiting to hear others report this side effect but it seems pretty rare. No doubt emotions go *haywire* on SP for some people.

PS... Propecia doesn't have any such sort of effect. More evidence that these two drugs are completely different in more ways than one.

HairLossTalk.com

Healthy Nick

Established Member
Reaction score
I started taking saw palmetto when I started taking Propecia for the first time. I think I fucked myself up physically as well as mentally. That is why I am confused about the effects that I think came from propecia. I dont know if they came from substances, paranoia, or a combination of everything. I am very confused.

Once I concluded that I was losing my hair, I went out and bought the best quality products available that were recomended by the book The Bald Truth. I took those along with Propecia. I didnt use Rogaine because the author said it didnt grow real hair, only fake thin hairs etc. what load of crap. that guy just wrote a propecia promotion brochure with some other bullshit in it to seem genuine. I took all these herbs and propecia for 6 months and my hairloss stayed the same. there was no improvement.

G

bombscience said:
Wow, all i have to say is getting adjusted to my Saw Palmetto has caused me to be an emotional b**ch.

The herb is tossed me into some depression. But I think i'm slowly adjusting to it.

Weird!

Ditto the SP experience. I think in the wrong person, you could see suicide. And since there is no FDA work on this, THAT particular side effect is not listed on the bottle.

Wait a minute, there are NO side effects listed on the bottle!

Well, what do we make of this? It's NATURAL!

:freaked2:

Grantspots

Established Member
Reaction score
HairlossTalk said:
I had the *EXACT* same response to it! After about a week or three on it, I literally found myself sitting in my chair crying like a baby, and I DIDNT KNOW WHY...PS... Propecia doesn't have any such sort of effect. More evidence that these two drugs are completely different in more ways than one.

HairLossTalk.com
Goes to show that everybody is different. I experienced the PMS symptoms on finasteride for 2+ months before I started taking SP. After a couple weeks on SP, everything smoothed out.

jerry grant

X190

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm still poundin good ol SP. No harm done.

XL

le voleur

Reaction score
HairlossTalk said:
bombscience said:
Wow, all i have to say is getting adjusted to my Saw Palmetto has caused me to be an emotional b**ch. The herb is tossed me into some depression. But I think i'm slowly adjusting to it.
I had the *EXACT* same response to it! After about a week or three on it, I literally found myself sitting in my chair crying like a baby, and I DIDNT KNOW WHY. I wasn't sad about anything. Just had to cry! It felt like 10 tons was lifted off my back when I stopped taking Saw Palmetto, within about 24 hours of taking my last pill. Felt like I was high on a drug and could conquer the world. I've been waiting to hear others report this side effect but it seems pretty rare. No doubt emotions go *haywire* on SP for some people.

PS... Propecia doesn't have any such sort of effect. More evidence that these two drugs are completely different in more ways than one.

HairLossTalk.com

It seems like this side effect would be common. The blocking of androgen receptors can cause this when people use oral spironolactone or flutamide. I remember that guy maneless said he felt like he didn't even want to get out of bed while on oral flutamide(not meaning to infer Saw palmetto is anywhere near in the same league lol).

Also, Saw Palmetto inhibits type 1 5ar. The brain has 5ar type 1 in it so anything could be going on in there. Isn;t that one of the reasons people were cautioned against going on dutasteride? because inhibiting 5ar type 1 in the brain would have unkown consequences.

Oh well. guess we're all just pioneers!

TheMan

Reaction score
I have been on Saw for about 6 months.

No NOTICEABLE problems yet.

I do have VERY VERY vivid dreams though.

TheMan

cyberprimate

Established Member
Reaction score
i've been taking 1040mg (2 pills) of Saw Palmetto for about 2 years now. I haven't noticed anything except a strong increase of sex drive.