dy'a story

dy

Reaction score
Hi,
I am 25 years. I am not on any medicine or what so ever. I think I am a Norwood 3a, with a little bit thinning on the crown area.

I will undergo a hair transplant procedure over 2 months.

I read some interesting topics on this forum, in which people say that you definitely should go on propecia and rogaine.

I think propecia is not an option for me since I don't like the side effects, even though the chance of getting them is low.
But Rogaine is an option for me. However my transplant doctor said to me don't use rogaine one month before the hair transplant.

So I am thinking to start rogaine one week after the transplant, very moderately. And then after a month or two after the transplant I will continue using it twice a day.

• - Is the use of rogaine, as I describe it above, enough to hold shock loss in the post hair transplant period.
  • - And if I only use rogaine (without propecia) will it be enough to decrease the speed my existing hair is falling out in the future.

I understand most of you will say first stabilise your hair loss before you undergo a hair transplant. But this summer I will do it, no matter what. But I am a little bit concerned, as you can read about :1. the shockloss and 2. keeping my existing hair.

All advice is welcome!!

G

Re: my story

dy said:
  • - And if I only use rogaine (without propecia) will it be enough to decrease the speed my existing hair is falling out in the future.

Yeah it will decrease the speed because Rogaine should regrow some hair for you to replace the hair that is falling out, but you should still be in Propecia to keep the hairs that would have fallen out from doing so, leaving you with a fuller head of hair than had you used Rogaine alone.

Rogaine combined with Propecia has a nice synergistic effect.

dy

Reaction score
Re: my story

So then I will definitely start using rogaine after the hair transplant. Can you advice me how many days after the hair transplant is wise to start with it.

What about the side effects man of propecia! I know it's a very effective medicine. But don't want to get breast or to mess up my libido. And I heard propecia also gives you shedding, right?

JayMan said:
dy said:

Yeah it will decrease the speed because Rogaine should regrow some hair for you to replace the hair that is falling out, but you should still be in Propecia to keep the hairs that would have fallen out from doing so, leaving you with a fuller head of hair than had you used Rogaine alone.

Rogaine combined with Propecia has a nice synergistic effect.

s.a.f

Reaction score
If you dont get on the finasteride or dutasteride then be prepared to keep seeing your hair transplant surgeon over the coming years. (very expensive, very inconvient and painfull).
Side effects happen to about 2% of users (usually temporarily at the beginning of treatment) and the effects are not permanant if you discontinue using the drug.
As a nw3a you still have alot of hair to lose. I would seriously suggest that you get on either dutasteride or finasteride.
Why are people so scared of shedding? A temporary shed is better than progressing to a permanant nw6.
You are in a lucky position when I was at you're stage these meds were not widely known about.

G

Honestly, I think the occurance in side-effects is more like 20% from the feedback I get which is a large base. Still, many who stick wih it have the side-effects go away in time.

Use it or lose it! :shock:

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Re:

gillenator said:
Honestly, I think the occurance in side-effects is more like 20% from the feedback I get which is a large base. Still, many who stick wih it have the side-effects go away in time.

Use it or lose it! :shock:

2% seems to be B.S but 20% is overstated.

G

It may seen overstated but keep in mind that includes all known side-effects, not just sexual. Also, some guys think they are having side-effects when they are not. What happens is that they inform others that they are taking Propecia and those others insist that they will have side-effects so sometimes the guys get this in their head. I have heard just about everything when it comes to side-effects.

s.a.f

Reaction score
I agree if you go into this with the mindset that you will get some side effects then you will. I've used both dutasteride and finasteride over the past 4 yrs with no ill effects.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
I agree if you go into this with the mindset that you will get some side effects then you will. I've used both dutasteride and finasteride over the past 4 yrs with no ill effects.

human mind is a powerful thing.

alkulk

Established Member
Reaction score
RaginDemon said:
s.a.f said:

in general: no :tongue:

RaginDemon

Reaction score
alkulk said:
RaginDemon said:
s.a.f said:

in general: no :tongue:

what do u mean?