Dwayne “the Rock” Johnson Admits To Being Depressed (about Being Bald?)

MorningGlory

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m not sure all this wearing of mental health problems on our sleeves is actually good for us. Whatever happened to having close people we discuss this with and the rest of the time remaining stoic? In any case, it’s an interesting turn of events given The Rock’s continual referencing on this site as a bald man who wears it well.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-43618674

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Misleading title. Is he depressed? Is that what the article says?

doyle11

Established Member
Reaction score
It says how he was depressed in 95 after being dropped by a football team and his gf dumping him or something. Probably related to his mother trying to off herself as well.

All things that happened pre-hairloss

He's luckily in the 0.1% of people that actually looks better imo with a bald head. f****r.

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
It says how he was depressed in 95 after being dropped by a football team and his gf dumping him or something. Probably related to his mother trying to off herself as well.

All things that happened pre-hairloss

He's luckily in the 0.1% of people that actually looks better imo with a bald head. f****r.

Dude is undeniably more handsome in the past 10-15 years than when he was young and had hair.

young-rock-4.jpg

It's partly also from cutting the body fat dramatically on steroids since he left wrestling. But his hair was never great on him.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
I wonder if he's had plastic surgery

jd_uk

Reaction score
I met an amazing looking (and really cute) girl in Slovenia last year... While chatting we got onto the subject of our ideal 'type'. She replied 'The Rock!'.

Yes he is on a load of steroids but this 25 year old 9/10 girl could have chosen to mention any other guy in the world but a bald guy was her biggest fantasy.

Bryant12

My Regimen
Reaction score
I met an amazing looking (and really cute) girl in Slovenia last year... While chatting we got onto the subject of our ideal 'type'. She replied 'The Rock!'.

Yes he is on a load of steroids but this 25 year old 9/10 girl could have chosen to mention any other guy in the world but a bald guy was her biggest fantasy.

cool story bro, but that bald head has to also come with the Rock's height, muscle mass, skin tone, facial structure/smile, tattoos etc.

blackg

Reaction score

Cool story, bro, but did you also mention that The Rock was a former bloatcel in college (the university of Miami!)?

Chromedome1990

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The Rock looked his best in the mid-2000s with his cropped Norwood 3 before he went completely bald & was still in great shape (think Doom) without being the musclebound monster he is now (anything 2010 onwards).

sdfsdfsdfsdf.jpg

27d8cbc90ed97fe9df1422facc81d903.jpg

Sorry, but he still looked better with hair. The end.

doyle11

Established Member
Reaction score
The Rock looked his best in the mid-2000s with his cropped Norwood 3 before he went completely bald & was still in great shape (think Doom) without being the musclebound monster he is now (anything 2010 onwards).

View attachment 83755
View attachment 83756

Sorry, but he still looked better with hair. The end.

He really didn't. He looks like a right creeper in that first photo. Let's not forget he was 15 years younger as well.

I think bald people generally look like giant testicles but let's give him his dues. He looks great

GettyImages-887815620.jpg

instyle-january-the-rock-2.jpg

Last edited:

Chromedome1990

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
He really didn't. He looks like a right creeper in that first photo. Let's not forget he was 15 years younger as well.

I think bald people generally look like giant testicles but let's give him his dues. He looks great

View attachment 83844

View attachment 83845
A creeper? That's just ridiculous. Bald/balding guys pass for creepers much more easily than fullheads, The Rock included. Yeah The Rock still looks good even without hair, but he is one of the lucky few with that privilege. He looks good in spite of his bald head, not because of it. Let's not also forget his symmetrical, masculine face, his 6'3 stature, and his muscular body (even if it looks unnatural). If he didn't start injecting himself with oil barrels full of steroids and wasn't 6'3, he would look a lot more like a chomo than his fullhead equivalent. The fact that he had to overcompensate for his hair loss by turning himself into a Gears of War character should speak volumes about how much of a blow hair loss is to one's appearance, even a celebrity.

doyle11

Established Member
Reaction score
A creeper? That's just ridiculous. Bald/balding guys pass for creepers much more easily than fullheads, The Rock included. Yeah The Rock still looks good even without hair, but he is one of the lucky few with that privilege. He looks good in spite of his bald head, not because of it. Let's not also forget his symmetrical, masculine face, his 6'3 stature, and his muscular body (even if it looks unnatural). If he didn't start injecting himself with oil barrels full of steroids and wasn't 6'3, he would look a lot more like a chomo than his fullhead equivalent. The fact that he had to overcompensate for his hair loss by turning himself into a Gears of War character should speak volumes about how much of a blow hair loss is to one's appearance, even a celebrity.

It's partly down to personal preference then. My gf and I think he looks much better with a shaved/bald head than with hair. Many many people do.

Jumping onto the 'he's overcompensating for hairloss' is a bit of a stretch as he's been roided up for as long as hes been famous. He likely still would have had his hair were it not for the copious levels of steroids.

I dont think anybody in their right mind would ever argue that losing hair is good. It's always better to have as more hair = more options, this is well established.

The rock looks incredible despite hairloss. We need more celebrities and role models out there that embrace hairloss to make it more socially acceptable and desirable. There are millions of people out there that dont have the ways or means to combat hairloss like hollywood or even the people browsing this forum, they need somebody to look up to.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's partly down to personal preference then. My gf and I think he looks much better with a shaved/bald head than with hair. Many many people do.

Jumping onto the 'he's overcompensating for hairloss' is a bit of a stretch as he's been roided up for as long as hes been famous. He likely still would have had his hair were it not for the copious levels of steroids.

I dont think anybody in their right mind would ever argue that losing hair is good. It's always better to have as more hair = more options, this is well established.

The rock looks incredible despite hairloss. We need more celebrities and role models out there that embrace hairloss to make it more socially acceptable and desirable. There are millions of people out there that dont have the ways or means to combat hairloss like hollywood or even the people browsing this forum, they need somebody to look up to.
Correct.

I also think he looks better bald but its all down to the individual with some men.

I think Freddie Ljunberg also looks best shaved:

ljungberg.jpg

reddie-ljungberg-during-freddie-ljungberg-sighting-at-ciprianis-18-picture-id115417628?s=612x612.jpg

His lack of hair actually shows off his perfect bone structure.

Its weird because he locks like he good be big in that bottom picture but in reality he's 5'10 and about 150lbs.

doyle11

Established Member
Reaction score
Correct.

I also think he looks better bald but its all down to the individual with some men.

I think Freddie Ljunberg also looks best shaved:

View attachment 83996

View attachment 83997

His lack of hair actually shows off his perfect bone structure.

Its weird because he locks like he good be big in that bottom picture but in reality he's 5'10 and about 150lbs.

Ljunberg is an odd one. He had fairly decent hair in that pic but he looks ridiculous with it long.

Unfortunately its always the people with fantastic bone structure and head shape that look awesome with a shaved head.

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ljunberg is an odd one. He had fairly decent hair in that pic but he looks ridiculous with it long.

Unfortunately its always the people with fantastic bone structure and head shape that look awesome with a shaved head.

Dude's got legit male model bone structure. This is top 1% cheekbones, jawline, eye shape, and nose right here:

936full-fredrik-ljungberg.jpg

Pretty much top to bottom solid male model quality face.

Now with a NW1 that buzzcut would look even better, but that's besides the point. Obviously he still looks good. It would be hard for him to look bad with those facial bones.

It's actually amazing how bad he looked with that goofy hair posted earlier.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score