dutasteride ???

geo

Reaction score
where do you get it?

and why isnt everyone on this.. seems as if it really works..it surprises me people are scared of it (based on the fact that it seems many of you guys try some outlandish remedies- any and all).... is there something im missing? why arent we all on dutasteride?

geo

Rage

Established Member
Reaction score
1) Some people who have bad side effects on finasteride will find it twice as bad on dutasteride

2) Some people don't want to screw around with their hormones (finasteride is the limit)

3) Some people have no money

Scared of it? I'm scared using finasteride as it is! DHT is a VERY important hormone, we don't know all its functions yet.. blocking 98% of its production in the body simply doesn't appeal to me.

socks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Scared of it? I'm scared using finasteride as it is! DHT is a VERY important hormone, we don't know all its functions yet.. blocking 98% of its production in the body simply doesn't appeal to me.

Bah!

I'm more concerned over the water I drink and the air I breathe then blocking DHT!!!

As far as Dutasteride, it isnt approved for male pattern baldness yet. It seems the optimal dosage for Dutasteride is 2.5mg.

Since Dutasteride has only been approved at .5mg for enlarged prostates we dont know the safety profile yet.

There is also the concern that type 1 DHT is present in brain tissue. What, if any, significances that has in up for question!!!

Also keep in mind that the main culprit in hairloss seems to be Type 2 DHT. Finasteride blocks 85%-90% of type 2 DHT. I say this because there have been trials in both humans and stumptailed macaques which showed that specific type 1 inhibitors like MK386 had no noticeable effect on male pattern baldness.

Anyhow, the jury is still out on Dutasteride. Best to keep with Finasteride for the time being IMHO.

The shedder

Established Member
Reaction score
dutasteride may also be a great alternative if Propecia stops working for you. Its probably better to start of with finasteride which inhibits less dht and work your way up to dutasteride if you want.