Dutasteride worry

80sLegend

Reaction score
So far ive had pretty decent results from propecia, as you can see in the thread below:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=66225

I recently decided to make the leap to Dutasteride, well at least half way. I now alternate between finasteride and dutasteride daily. The reason iv'e done it like this is because i was sceptical about my dutasteride purchase and thought, if it ends up being a sugar pill ill at least of been having Propecia every other day. I have been taking it now for over a month and have noticed a pretty big shed (plenty of hairs on the pillow) etc with big hairs falling out. I bought my dutasteride from the below place, has anybody else bought from here and can confirm its integrity?

http://www.drmpharmacy.com/

Many Thanks

grove12345

Reaction score
im not sure where u got your finasteride, but to use dutasteride from a over the seas pharmacy... dont expect the best with that.

shineman921

Established Member
Reaction score
80sLegend said:
So far ive had pretty decent results from propecia, as you can see in the thread below:

I recently decided to make the leap to Dutasteride, well at least half way. I now alternate between finasteride and dutasteride daily. The reason iv'e done it like this is because i was sceptical about my dutasteride purchase and thought, if it ends up being a sugar pill ill at least of been having Propecia every other day. I have been taking it now for over a month and have noticed a pretty big shed (plenty of hairs on the pillow) etc with big hairs falling out. I bought my dutasteride from the below place, has anybody else bought from here and can confirm its integrity?

Many Thanks

Blimey, it's expensive. Even the Rogaine/Regaine foam is more expensive than Boots!

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
grove12345 said:
im not sure where u got your finasteride, but to use dutasteride from a over the seas pharmacy... dont expect the best with that.

Dont understand that comment tbh, I bought dutasteride from an online pharmacy for 5 years with excellent results.

Stop fear mongering!

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
80sLegend said:

Many Thanks

Why add dutasteride if you've been sucessful with finasteride?

I did something similar with moving from dutasteride to finasteride btw by taking them on alternative days... I also had a bad shed.

Rawtashk

Reaction score
As did I, which made me drop the dutasteride about 2 weeks in. Did the shed hair come back for you?

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
Rawtashk said:
As did I, which made me drop the dutasteride about 2 weeks in. Did the shed hair come back for you?

Its too early to say tbh, I shed for about a month, its stabalised for the last month and hopefully over the next few it'll grow back.

I think its unlikely that shed hair wont grow back as hair folicles dont die over night... whether it'll come back as thick I dont know, but I rode it out and hopefully it'll grow back well.

JWM

Reaction score
Ajax

Would you say dutasteride at 3 times a week was still better than finasteride every day for you?

Also, how well did dutasteride help your hairline? I know your loss was primarily on the crown, but I noticed you also had the island thing going in front with the tuft of hair. I have a good crown, but my 'island' is getting less and less populated!

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
JWM said:
Ajax

Would you say dutasteride at 3 times a week was still better than finasteride every day for you?

Also, how well did dutasteride help your hairline? I know your loss was primarily on the crown, but I noticed you also had the island thing going in front with the tuft of hair. I have a good crown, but my 'island' is getting less and less populated!

Its hard to say tbh. With dutasteride 3 x a week I lost a bit of ground, but it was a slow loss and probably took about a year for me to really realise I was losing ground.

With finasteride I shed a lot (probably due to switching from dutasteride), sex drive went through the roof, and lots of scalp sebum.

Its hard to judge how much of the problems I had with switching to finasteride were just from finasteride not being as effective, and how much from switching meds.

I did try and minimise the potential problems with switching by taking dutasteride one day and finasteride the next, so my body would get used to the switch gradually, but not sure how much difference that made.

dutasteride every day really made a difference though with my hair becoming much thicker... i'm not sure how much regrowth I got, I think it was mainly just thickening but to a very good standard. I'm not convinced I would have got that on dutasteride 3 times a week though.

Sorry i know thats probably not a very helpful answer but its really hard to say either way. I know for definate dutasteride every day beats finasteride every day for me, but now i'm on 2mg finasteride that seems on the surface to be working as well as dutasteride with regards scalp sebum, but I guess its too early to say for sure, but judging dutasteride 3 times a week compared to finasteride is very hard tbh