Dutasteride With Spironolactone 200mg Or Cyproterone Acetate 50mg?

Hussam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys
I am considering to add Spironolactone 200 mg or Cyproterone acetate 50mg to my treatment with Dutasteride 0.5 mg aswell so what do you think which would be better to stop hairloss and for some regrowth ?

Thank you in advance

ForeverLacey

My Regimen
Reaction score
Cyproterone can possibly cause more hair loss by elevating prolactin enough to cause follicle apoptosis.

hz123456

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys
I am considering to add Spironolactone 200 mg or Cyproterone acetate 50mg to my treatment with Dutasteride 0.5 mg aswell so what do you think which would be better to stop hairloss and for some regrowth ?

Thank you in advance

how long have you been on dutasteride for?

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Cyproterone can possibly cause more hair loss by elevating prolactin enough to cause follicle apoptosis.
I wasn't aware that cyp had a known mechanism for possibly increasing hairloss. Thanks for sharing.
To OP's question, I believe the following points related to side effects might suggest spironolactone is a better first option for a cis male:
1. Doesn't necessarily alter or stop the production of testosterone and the corresponding signaling molecules (LH, FSH, etc.)
2. Doesn't increase incidence of osteoporosis
3. Looking through the literature, there are mixed reports of gyno likelihood with spironolactone, but overall it appears that moderate dosages (~100 mg/day) seem to not cause gyno for a majority of men.
4. Does not have the liver liability associated with cypro (of course, cypro's liver tox can probably be minimized or avoided altogether with careful dosing and monitoring of liver enzymes).

I cannot speak to which is more effective for hairloss and suspect it varies by individual.

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Spirinolactone will mess with your electrolytes and make you feel like sh*t

Cyp ace has so many side effects and is much more dangerous but it can also permanently mess up your fertility and testosterone production

choose AAs with a safer profile like bicalutamide I would suggest

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Spirinolactone will mess with your electrolytes and make you feel like sh*t

Cyp ace has so many side effects and is much more dangerous but it can also permanently mess up your fertility and testosterone production

choose AAs with a safer profile like bicalutamide I would suggest
The bicalutamide wiki page lists ‘reduced penile length’ as a side effect. Not sure how accurate this is, but I haven’t seen that particular side effect listed for spironolactone or cyp.

Hussam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wasn't aware that cyp had a known mechanism for possibly increasing hairloss. Thanks for sharing.
To OP's question, I believe the following points related to side effects might suggest spironolactone is a better first option for a cis male:
1. Doesn't necessarily alter or stop the production of testosterone and the corresponding signaling molecules (LH, FSH, etc.)
2. Doesn't increase incidence of osteoporosis
3. Looking through the literature, there are mixed reports of gyno likelihood with spironolactone, but overall it appears that moderate dosages (~100 mg/day) seem to not cause gyno for a majority of men.
4. Does not have the liver liability associated with cypro (of course, cypro's liver tox can probably be minimized or avoided altogether with careful dosing and monitoring of liver enzymes).

I cannot speak to which is more effective for hairloss and suspect it varies by individual.
Thank u so much very appreciated for the info

Hussam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Today I was at the family's doctor and he described me Spironolactone 100 mg so I am gonna give it a try with Dutasteride 0.5 and maybe later I will add 10 mg of oral minoxidil

Maave

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The bicalutamide wiki page lists ‘reduced penile length’ as a side effect. Not sure how accurate this is, but I haven’t seen that particular side effect listed for spironolactone or cyp.
I hate that wiki entry but I'm too lazy to edit it myself lol. The citations for that sentence are all ADT papers - which lumps bica in with other ADT methods like castration. The result of monotherapy is more accurate

Effect of Casodex on sleep-related erections in patients with advanced prostate cancer.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/1378907/
No significant modifications in regard to number of nocturnal penile tumescence episodes, maximum penile circumference and total rigidity time were found before and after therapy. Only 1 patient reported a decrease in sexual drive and libido.

JPLC

My Regimen
Reaction score
I advise you maximum 50 mg a day of spironolactone because a potassium elevation can make your heart dangerous. Dutasteride Maximum 2 pills 0.5 mg per week, because the elevation of testosterone although lower dht can worsen many people

Hussam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I advise you maximum 50 mg a day of spironolactone because a potassium elevation can make your heart dangerous. Dutasteride Maximum 2 pills 0.5 mg per week, because the elevation of testosterone although lower dht can worsen many people
I don't think that Dutasteride will make a big difference cuz my free and normal testosterone are almost at the minimum ranges and about spironolactone the most people on this forum take 100mg and 200mg with great results!! Without any side effects

Attachments

• 20190208_090134.jpg
    20190208_090134.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 315

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the best is Cyproterone, try 12.5mg at first, wait for 2-3 months and increase if it's not working so well.
But long term use is harmful (meningioma) ... so in 3-4-5 years you will have to stop.
Spironolactone is too weak, and you need very high dose to get effective effect ... but if you're afraid of cyproterone you can try 50mg spironolactone for a while and increase to 100mg (max).

Hussam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the best is Cyproterone, try 12.5mg at first, wait for 2-3 months and increase if it's not working so well.
But long term use is harmful (meningioma) ... so in 3-4-5 years you will have to stop.
Spironolactone is too weak, and you need very high dose to get effective effect ... but if you're afraid of cyproterone you can try 50mg spironolactone for a while and increase to 100mg (max).
My doctor described me spironolactone 100mg already because of my oily skin in the first place and I think my androgen receptors were more sensitive cuz of my bad diet but when the medication loses its effect after 1 or 2 years I am gonna give cyproterone acetate a try for sure

inmyhead

Reaction score
I don't think that Dutasteride will make a big difference cuz my free and normal testosterone are almost at the minimum ranges and about spironolactone the most people on this forum take 100mg and 200mg with great results!! Without any side effects
Why is your T so low? I'm sitting at 30+

Hussam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why is your T so low? I'm sitting at 30+
I have no idea but every body has a mechanism. And my androgen receptors are very sensitive to androgen. My body does not produce a huge amount of hormones because even a few amount of hormones will work for the body's functions.
Evidence of this is that I have not suffered from erectile dysfunction or loss of semen

Last edited:

cosmedicaturquia

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys

Thank you in advance
I wanna to know more about that product. The clinic Cosmedica Transplante Capilar in turkey told me just few coments about it.

dustovshio

Reaction score
I've tried all of them and I prefer topical CPA 20mg daily (I may go higher), and RU58841 around 5g/month. dutasteride and spironolactone kind of made me feel like sh*t.

subsidence82

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys

Thank you in advance
Dont do this. Spironolactone will destroy your endocrine system. Will drastically drop your testosterone and make you feel like utter dog crap.