Dutasteride vs finasteride

SmileBam

Reaction score
Okey boys,i didn't wrote here for months.I stopped taking finasteride in the middle of august.Yes,i should have had more patience,but it didn't worked for me.However,my hair look worse month afther month,so i am thinking to make a switch to avodart(dutasteride),i think i can take it without prescription.What do you think?Have anyone had succes with it?What dose should i take?Are side effects that nasty(didn't had any side from finasteride)?I know,there are many questions,but please help me.

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Wait you are this guy no ?

file.php

I dont see any hairloss in that.If you are really afraid of future loss,I'd say just stick with finasteride.

kthxbi

Established Member
Reaction score
if you look like that ^ and are considering avodart then you need to get a smack round the back of the head.

SmileBam

Reaction score
mpbsux20 said:
Wait you are this guy no ?

file.php

I dont see any hairloss in that.If you are really afraid of future loss,I'd say just stick with finasteride.
Just a good photo and i really know how to hide it.It's hard,i don't really have a picture that really shows my hairline,is really hideous.Maybe a hint there.

Attachments

• DSCN2452.jpg
    DSCN2452.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 176

SmileBam

Reaction score
BornIn89 said:
gtfo troll.
Maybe you are born in 89,but surely you have the mind of an infant. ;) So let's see,i don't have a photo that shows my hairloss,i do have hairloss on my temples,but i have thick hair so i can cover the temple area and not get noticed.I AM SURE SOME OF YOU DID OR DOES THIS OFTEN.Do you think i am crazy to be 9 months on finasteride and now starting with dutasteride and not having hairloss?I will try to make a photo when i am not covering my temple area and you'll see i am not a troll.And a little easy with the ''f'' word,okey?

nickypoos

Established Member
Reaction score
Your hair is awful. Get on oral spironolactone if you want to even consider keeping that NW4. Especially with that diffuse pattern of yours. He'll be bald within the next year.

Some trolls, just need feeding!

jkriley

Reaction score
Hey SmileBamV

Someone gave me some good advice many years ago and I will share it with you. If you think you are losing your hair, chances are you are. When I starting looking into to treatments I had a lot of hair like you do now but I was starting to lose it, I am the only one that could tell because by nature I have very thick and course hair but I knew I was losing it. This was when I was 27, I started with finasteride and used it for about 7 months and saw no results in hind sight I wish I had given it a full year. I switched to Dust and I had great success for 6 years but I now feel that it has lost its effectiveness. My advice would be to stick with finasteride for at least a year and switch to dust later when your hair loss gets bad. Do not worry to much about what people on here say, do your research and know what your options are and you will do well. You have lots of hair so this is the best time to take action.
I am actually taking finasteride now lol
Just my opinion