Dutasteride usage is messing with my head!

G

Does anyone else feel wierd after taking Dutasteride. I feel fuzzy headed and disconnected from everything it seems and I worry it's from taking Dutasteride. There are other possibilities like I am suffering from a depression that seems to not have any cause accept for hair loss or the fact that I've smoked a lot of pot everyday for the last 10 years.

I'm very confused and worried but I keep taking Dutasteride because it's my only hope. I even upped my dosage from .25 mg/ day to 1 mg/ day. Things will have to get pretty bad side effect wise for me to stop Dutasteride.

Is anyone experiencing the same thing or is this all in my head?

oni

Reaction score
hmmmm why not just take 0.5mg a day and did you get the side effects with 0.25mg a day?

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dude, try the pot option.

I use to have mental fog, no sense of time, paranoiac thinking, anxiety and lazyness. Also, difficult concentration in one single thing.

I was smoking something between 3-10 joints a day,getting to bed quite late and waking up for 13pm or later.

I quit pot and started sleeping good.

Mental fog no more.

It didn´t dissapear overnigh

It took about two or three months, but then, one day you realize you are a new person and that life is much better without being stoned all day long.

I don´t want to be all preacher about the "right way" in life or "drugs are evil" or this, (I still smoke some from time to time) but it´s worth a try, mate.

Also, I got on finasteride about january, and no mental fog appeared. Still ok.

Don´t know about dutasteride effects, but I think that you should try quitting pot for a time if you really don´t want to deal with slow-motion, foggy brain.

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
Paradise Lost said:
Does anyone else feel wierd after taking Dutasteride. I feel fuzzy headed and disconnected from everything it seems and I worry it's from taking Dutasteride.
I experienced similar during the 2nd and 3rd months of taking dutasteride (0.5mg/day), the effect peaking about 2.5 to 3 hours after taking the drug, and then gradually subsiding. I remember that it felt somewhat like mild dehydration so, around the 3 month mark, I made an effort to drink more water. Whether or not this is what caused the light-headedness to subside over the next few weeks I can't be sure - the 3 month time-frame does tie in with how long it takes Dutasteride levels to build-up in your system (at my dosage), so perhaps this is somehow related.

How long on dutasteride, when did this feeling begin, and is it constant or occurring a set time after medicating?

Slarti

oni

Reaction score
Slarti I never got that problem but I do take it before I go to sleep so this may help?

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
Must be hard to take them without your co-pilot noticing.

Edit: Is it pure co-incidence that we both fall into the "reliable informant" category on these new rankings, or does Admin know something?

Slarti

G

I'm going to try and answer everyone who responded so bare with me....

Solo, great advice as I feel that is my problem but it is very hard for me to quit smoking weed for some reason. It would be a lot easier to quit smoking weed for 3 months than to stop Dutasteride so I don't have any other answer to my problem.

Slartbartfast, I have had very mild to no side effects (watery seamen) which I think was all in my head and was similar to the Finasteride side effects I experienced if any at all. But I started worrying about the depersonalization/ fuzzy headedness feeling about a week after taking .5 Mg from which I freaked out and lowered my dosage to .25Mg but never actually quit Dutasteride. I can't relate with the dehydrated feeling.

Oni, I will look into Melissa pills. Is this something you take for similar
reasons I should take them?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As of now (a week later) I am still taking 1 mg a day and I actually feel better than when I wrote this post previously. I have done a lot of thinking and consoleing this last week and have come to some good conclusions. I am growing up and am going through some tough times. I highly dought Dutasteride usage is causing me any harm but I will never be 100% sure. I will continue with this dosage of 1 mg per day unless things get any worse than what they were.

oni

Reaction score
I don't have the problem you have, but I do find that it helps to sharpen things up a bit. so why not give it a try