Dutasteride Uk Users - Please Share Experiences

Monkey Allen

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi there,

I've been on 1.25 mg Finasteride for 5 years and beginning to lose density with further thinning at the crown. Late 30s age and never used any other products.

Thinking about making the move to Dutasteride and wondered if any UK people could share their feedback on the following:

- How long have you been on Dutasteride and what impact has it had on your hair?
- Did you experience any side effects?
- Where in the UK do you purchase your Dutasteride and how do you know it is legitimate?
- Have you tired to get it prescribed via a GP in the UK?

Thanks in advance.

neddy2016

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It made my scalp itch and a year after i stopped taking it the itch hasn't gone away. it messed my hormones up.

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been using dutasteride for over five years, and it has completely stopped my hair loss and given me a lot of regrowth. I've had a small drop in libido and slightly weaker erections, but these side-effects are mild in my case and are not a problem. I buy it online from AllDayChemist. I know it is real because of the results it has given me. I've not tried to get it prescribed by a GP.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Been on it since november last year, started using minoxidil again roughly about the same time after being off it for about 5/6 months so i can't say whether it has given me regrowth but im definitely maintaining. I get it from oxford online pharmacy. I lost hair the year i was on finasteride, so switched to dutasteride, i will probably go to the GP in a year or two and see if i can get it prescribed. I just have the same sides as i did with finasteride, slightly lower libido, less semen volume, that's it, no mental sides.

Last edited:

Upnadam10

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been using dutasteride for over five years, and it has completely stopped my hair loss and given me a lot of regrowth. I've had a small drop in libido and slightly weaker erections, but these side-effects are mild in my case and are not a problem. I buy it online from AllDayChemist. I know it is real because of the results it has given me. I've not tried to get it prescribed by a GP.
This is encouraging. I’ve been on it for about 15 weeks now. I saw a lot of shedding in the beginning but it has slowed a lot. The crown was my problem area but now I’m seeing frontal midscalp thinning. finasteride did great for me for about 5 years. Did you experience anything similar? Share a link if you have a thread documenting your journey on dutasteride

neddy2016

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The itch has nothing to do with dutasteride

Funny that I never had it prior to finasteride or dutasteride.

I am fairly certain it has messed my hormones up. upregulated things big time and there is a chance i won't be able to stop it now. and its really frustrating.

Last edited:

Limbodo

My Regimen
Reaction score
I got Avodart from oxford online pharmacy. I've been on it since April, and at the very least I've maintained. Maybe some additional thickness, but I can't be sure.

I've always shed a tonne of hair ever since I was a kid, so I can't say whether the hair volume I've shed has increased or not. If dutasteride fails, I'll most likely just add some cb/ru into the regimen. I find it hard to believe It's possible to lose hair on a regimen that extreme.

jazz1

Reaction score
You can buy genuine one with online prescription from pharmacy direct GB, they also sell genuine Avodart and the generic version. I always buy my genuine propecia from them with online private prescription.

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I got Avodart from oxford online pharmacy. I've been on it since April, and at the very least I've maintained. Maybe some additional thickness, but I can't be sure.
I took a look at Oxford Online Pharmacy just out of curiosity, and I saw that they offer a six month supply of generic dutasteride for £99, with the online prescription and the shipping both being free. That is very affordable. I've been using AllDayChemist to get my dutasteride for the last five years, as I stated in my above post, and I pay about the same for it as I would from Oxford Online Pharmacy. I think I'll switch to Oxford from now on, seeing as they are a legitimate and regulated UK-based online pharmacy where I can be 100% sure my meds will be the real deal.

Having said this, all the dutasteride I have ever bought from AllDayChemist has definitely been real too; I can tell from the results it has given me as well as the mild sexual side-effects. But something about them being an unregulated Indian online pharmacy that doesn't ask for a prescription makes me wonder if one day they could supply me with fake meds. With Oxford Online Pharmacy, there would be no possibility of the meds being fake.

Last edited:

F.Coronilla

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you experience some shedding? which dose and which day you take it?
i am in almost my 5 month and have been shedding all over a month, i am 3 days a week with 0.5 , its normal?

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i am in almost my 5 month and have been shedding all over a month, i am 3 days a week with 0.5 , its normal?
I didn't notice any shedding when I begun using dutasteride. But I wasn't looking out for any shedding because when I first started dutasteride I wasn't even aware that it can cause an initial shed. So maybe I could have had a shed without being attentive to it. I've been taking 0.5mg a day ever since I started, which was now nearly six years ago.
I would say that any initial shed you have on dutasteride shouldn't last as long as five months. But it might be nothing to worry about in your case. Maybe you are someone who just sheds a lot naturally independent of male pattern baldness, and it is also important to be aware of the power of placebo. Have you noticed further hair loss in addition to the shedding, or has your hair loss appeared to have stabilized?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score

Shedding some hair is normal, unless it's also having an impact on your density don't worry about it too much.

Marcoco

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m about 6 months in on dutasteride for my hairline, how quickly did u see results?