Dutasteride Success “archives” From Around The Early 2000’s

Stephen788

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Found this link and every now and then as I’m patiently waiting for regrowth and feeling down I come back and read it and it reassures me everything will be alright lol.

http://xenicalwtloss.hypermart.net/AvodartPatientTestimonials.html

It’s interesting to read because everyone has different response times. There’s one guy who says he didn’t see a sign of regrowth until month 14. And then others say they noticed regrowth after month 2.

JonnyGo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wish I wasn’t so much of a vagina. I’m so scared of taking finasteride. It’s not the sides I’m worried about, it’s that there is that tiny chance that can make them permanent.

CaptainNorwood

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wish I wasn’t so much of a vagina. I’m so scared of taking finasteride. It’s not the sides I’m worried about, it’s that there is that tiny chance that can make them permanent.
IIRC studies showed that the permanent "side effects" like ED appeared at the same rate in finasteride/dutasteride users as they did in the general population

Umber

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Meanwhile I'm sitting here at the 8 month mark and my hairline is still receding...

Stephen788

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Meanwhile I'm sitting here at the 8 month mark and my hairline is still receding...

I’m starting my 9th month in two days (started on 4th April). I’ve experienced a lot of shedding before and during my time on avodart. But just last week I noticed that it has slowed drastically; rubbing shampoo in my hair I only see 6 or so hairs on my hand. At one point it was 40 plus, and then drying would be atleast 10 more. I have about 11 fine hairs that started growing last month. At first I thought they were miniaturizing but over the last few weeks they are starting to very slightly become thicker (not by much). I recon I’m going to see results at month 14+. When your hair stops shedding and it will. You’ll feel great.

Charlie Foxtrot

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I feel this man.. But everyday I get a step closer to saying f*** it and just going for it. I know some day the scared of being bald is gonna win it from scared of meds and I’m taking that stuff.

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Arent these fake? They look like a diamond for people who are thinking about dutasteride, including me.

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Get on it what have you got to lose :)

Nothing to lose, but... I am on 1.25mg everyday ( i was 0.5mg every other day for 1 year) And i am doing really good!

JonnyGo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nothing to lose, but... I am on 1.25mg everyday ( i was 0.5mg every other day for 1 year) And i am doing really good!
Dude I just read your story and it gave me some hope. You were almost NW3 and now you look NW1.5. Was it minoxidil or fina that gave you all that regrowth?

thetdog666

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If finasteride is working for you I would stay on it. I felt I was starting to lose ground again after 2-3 years on finasteride so hopped on avodart. I would do the same if your hair changes.

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude I just read your story and it gave me some hope. You were almost NW3 and now you look NW1.5. Was it minoxidil or fina that gave you all that regrowth?

Both and dermaroller also, but im NW2 now, with destroyed temples. But i am slowly regrowing to NW1.5 or decent ultra thick NW2. :p

Umber

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m starting my 9th month in two days (started on 4th April). I’ve experienced a lot of shedding before and during my time on avodart. But just last week I noticed that it has slowed drastically; rubbing shampoo in my hair I only see 6 or so hairs on my hand. At one point it was 40 plus, and then drying would be atleast 10 more. I have about 11 fine hairs that started growing last month. At first I thought they were miniaturizing but over the last few weeks they are starting to very slightly become thicker (not by much). I recon I’m going to see results at month 14+. When your hair stops shedding and it will. You’ll feel great.
The thing is, I've never really had a shed phase, neither on finasteride nor on dutasteride. My harline simply continued receding in the same pace as before. On the good side, I got no side effects. On the bad side, I got no other kind of effects either

Stephen788

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The thing is, I've never really had a shed phase, neither on finasteride nor on dutasteride. My harline simply continued receding in the same pace as before. On the good side, I got no side effects. On the bad side, I got no other kind of effects either

Hi, mate do you have any pictures? I’m not saying you are, but I know for a fact that this forum is full of hypochondriacs. And one thing I often see when browsing through these threads is that people who complain about their hair usually have no worse then a nw1.5-2 (which I hasten to add many of us would dream off).

Umber

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, mate do you have any pictures? I’m not saying you are, but I know for a fact that this forum is full of hypochondriacs. And one thing I often see when browsing through these threads is that people who complain about their hair usually have no worse then a nw1.5-2 (which I hasten to add many of us would dream off).
Sorry for late reply. I started on duta back when I was a NW1 with only very minor miniaturization on the temples. Now I'm a clear 1.5-2. I have a rule of not uploading pictures on the internet, so you'll just have to trust my words, but trust me when I say that I'm not hypochondriac. I keep my head shaved with a razor (I got seborrheic dermatitis and get ridiculous amounts of dandruff and it starts itching if I don't keep it shaved) so any changes are very noticable for me

shadowcast

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
These are just the testimonials from Medical Wellness Center, which is where I get my dutasteride. I believe these are legitimate. I actually just got a new prescription a few days ago, and they asked for feedback on how I'm reacting to the drug...so I guess I'll see if it shows up on that page or what.

Important to note that that site ONLY gives out prescriptions, they don't fill them. So those reviews can be from people taking any number of different dutasteride pills (although I don't believe the conspiracy theory that says Avodart works better than generic, or that some generics work while others don't).

Last edited:

shadowcast

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Since you are here, I'll assume you are already uncomfortable with your current level of baldness. Have you asked yourself if you're ok with the fact that it will only get worse with time? I know going bald causes all sorts of emotional response, but you need to look at the situation logically. Ignoring the problem won't make it go away. Finasteride has low to zero chance of causing permanent sexual side effects. I put off taking finasteride for about a decade because of the same fears you have. Now that I've taken it for a year, and have even moved on to dutasteride, all with no negative side effects, I feel awful knowing how much hair I've lost that I could've kept. Hair that I'll likely never get back.

If I were you, I'd try finasteride.

jmack2525

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thought I would join this discussion as I think I have an interesting story and would be curious to hear responses. I'm 46 and started noticing thinning in my hairline in my late 30's. Over the past 3 years it's gotten much worse, so I started looking into FUE hair replacement. A year ago I actually went through with it and had 2000 follicles transplanted from the back of my hair to my hairline and crown. After about 7 months I starting noticing nice results and pretty much had most of my hair line back. Well a few months later I seemed to be regressing and getting thin again. I should also mention that I'm testosterone therapy which I think is greatly contributing to hair loss. My test levels are really high which I love, gained lot of muscle and dropped a lot of weight. I'm sure the high test is leading to high DHT, so my Dr. prescribed Avodart. I starting taking it and after only 1 week noticed nasty sides. Nipples were getting sore, bloating and very little sex drive. Coincidentally I was due for my 6 month lab. Results were crazy my test level spiked up to 1100 on day 8 when generally they would be at around 700. They immediately backed down my dosage but I found it interesting that the avaodart would cause that type of test increase. With the half life of duta being so long I thought I could take it twice a month and at least block some of the DHT but lower the sides. After week 7 I noticed a lot of shedding which I know is a good sign but never reassuring as my hair looks almost as thin as it was before my transplant. I'm at week 10 now and the shedding has slowed but no real positive regrowth although I know it takes much longer than that to see results. The other thing is when I take the Avodart I feel like sh*t for almost a week until I seem to normalize going into week 2. Anyone have a similar story or feedback on whether propecia might be a safer and better option? Sorry for the long post...had a lot to get out.