Dutasteride Still In Blood 6 Months Later

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
it gave me an allergic reaction , swollen salivary glands and lymph nodes. These last one come back normal , the inflammation of the salivary glands gradually subside over time but after 6 months and 1 week from the last pill they dont fully recover. I read that trace of dutasteride could be find up to 4-6 months after discontinuation. Im over that time. Should do i wait more time ? Is it possible my liver doesnt work properly ? Any thoughts ? Thanks in advance

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What was the dosage, how long were you taking it? Did you talk to a doctor? I think duta may be out of your system, but body still needs some time to recover.

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
What was the dosage, how long were you taking it? Did you talk to a doctor? I think duta may be out of your system, but body still needs some time to recover.
I took a loading dose of 1,5mg for 10 days than 0,5mg daily for 6 months. Yes i saw a doctor but he didnt give me any answer to the problem. Maybe i need more time like you said.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
but with result like mine ( high oestradiol) , it is strange that i didn't get result ?

Topher

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I took a loading dose of 1,5mg for 10 days than 0,5mg daily for 6 months. Yes i saw a doctor but he didnt give me any answer to the problem. Maybe i need more time like you said.
This is crazy! Front loading is for bodybuilding when you have a 12 week window and have to get off to get your balls working again. Hairloss is a long battle and you don't have a 12 week window. Slowly increase meds ether getting on or coming off the meds.

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This is crazy! Front loading is for bodybuilding when you have a 12 week window and have to get off to get your balls working again. Hairloss is a long battle and you don't have a 12 week window. Slowly increase meds ether getting on or coming off the meds.

Hi. Dutas has a long half life (5weeks). A drug to reach the steady state/full effecacy needs 5 half lifes. The strategy of loading dose helps to reach the full effects of the drug more quickly, instead of waiting 6 months

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
tomorrow i will make a bloodtest to check the liver. I have the suspect that maybe the liver is not working well..

Topher

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi. Dutas has a long half life (5weeks). A drug to reach the steady state/full effecacy needs 5 half lifes. The strategy of loading dose helps to reach the full effects of the drug more quickly, instead of waiting 6 months

And how well did it work out for you??

tomorrow i will make a bloodtest to check the liver. I have the suspect that maybe the liver is not working well..

I wonder why your liver isn't working well lmao

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
And how well did it work out for you??

I wonder why your liver isn't working well lmao

It worked well but without all the inflammation from the allergy probably the results were so much better.
Because i still have some drug left after 6 months and 2 weeks

Topher

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You took 30 dutastride pills in 10 days and fuct yourself. That should be clear. Nobody but bodybuilders would tell you to take hairloss meds this way. I'll leave you alone about it now. But nobody should front load medication. Take the full dose right off the hop, but don't front load!!

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi, im almost 7,5 months from the last pill of duta but the salivary glands swelling persist. I made a regular bloodtest and all was fine.

I think that probably i developed an autoimmune disease since i was a long time with that inflammation and now it become chronic ?
Or maybe there is still a little drug in the blood that make the reaction..i dont know.
The doctor said i have just to wait and it will go away but after 7,5months i doubt it will get better.

If a nw5 at 25yo wasn’t enough now this ruin my face and my life too..

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
9 months off and still have some mild swelling in the submandibular glands, could be possible i have some drug left after 9 months ?