dutasteride/spironolactone/FOAM 1 month update

KeyserSoza

Established Member
Reaction score
So have taken dutasteride/ topical spironolactone for almost a month and foam for almost 2 weeks.

Had some concerns at week 2/3 due to chest pain but that seems to have dissappeared, thank god.

Now I know this is probably to be expected and have read alot regarding this but my hairloss has increased a fair deal esp. along the centre of my hairline. Now this might not be the meds as i suffer from really really aggressive hairloss (finasteride/generic min didnt slow it down at all). I dont say shed though as i cant actually see the hair feeling out, except every now and then i'll feel it and grab it from my fave and the hair will be completely white with a dark patch at the bottom so i suppose this is a good thing and probably why i cant see the sheds.

However on a positive I seem to be getting heaps and heaps of white hairs in my temple region some of which even almost go all the way down to my eyebrows.

I'll keep you posted but just wondering, is dutasteride supposed to work like this, increase shedding and then get regrowth - I thought it was just supposed to stop the loss.

Anyway I'll update again in another month.

djthomas85

Reaction score
ive just started using dutasteride 10 days ago along with propecia, i started with 0.5 everyday for a week then i changed to to every other day. so far my hair is in a terrible state it does actually feel worse than it was 2 weeks ago and im also itchin my head which i didnt get with just propecia?????
since starting dutasteride the skin on my legs have become so dry, oh well...more moisturizer!

i have aggressive hairloss aswell i believe, my dad started losing hair at 27 and by like 32 he was completely bald.

KeyserSoza

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh god my hair is getting worse. Alot worse. I no longer think the dutasteride hairline thing is a myth. I'm getting really really thin in front and looks like i've started diffusing in the NW7 pattern. This is after only a month though. Funny thing is all the hair that is falling out is either white or really short and black. Will this get better, will the hair come back as I cant see any signs of regrowth just looking dramactically more bald.

Well continue on though but has this happened to anyone who has had results cause god its bad.

purecontrol

Established Member
Reaction score
Do remember that this is the whole point, you shed the $hit hair and new good hair grows back in. It takes time and it not going to happen over night, for many you see where it takes up to a year before they get their regrowth and leading up to then they get really bad sheds.

So some people look at the sheds as a very good thing.

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Keyser, I heard about this alot. I've heard alot of dutasteride users hairline getting screwed up by dutasteride. I had bought a 2 month supply of dutasteride, but luckily I had gone through enough reviews on these forums before my dutasteride arrived to convince myself to not use it. So now my 2 month supply of dutasteride is sitting in my room never to be used by me. Search for dutasteride on these forums and you will find reviews similar to yours. It's not a myth.

Djthomas, try Alpecin ASL or the shampoo. I also have diffuse and aggressive hair loss and Alpecin has slowed my hair loss and thickened my remaining hair.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
what does Alpecin ASL do?

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It keeps your hair protected from DHT/Testosterone with its caffeine complex. Wont regrow anything though, but will help thicken.