Dutasteride safety questions

googler

Established Member
Reaction score
slartibartfast, would you be able to upload some pictures so I can guage your progress on dutasteride, if its not too much trouble thanks.

From next week my new look daily regimen will now be

minoxidil 5% x 2
tricomin x 2
finasteride 1mg
spironolactone 5% lotion - morning and night on the front
spironolactone 2% lotion - once daily on the crown
nizoral 2% - a couple of times per week

my old regimen:
minoxidil 5% x2
finasteride 1mg

I'll give my new regimen until september and I'll consider switching to dutasteride after assessing my situation.

Thanks for the advise

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
I would if I could but I never photographed my hair, sorry. In my defence, I've only recently got around to buying a digital camera (behind the times, I know) and early tests are showing just how difficult it can be to capture diffuse loss in any detail, particularly once your hair is a few inches long. I do wish I had pictures spanning the past 5 years though, just showing the disappearance of my bald-spot would've been interesting.

Hope the new regimen works out, but at least you've still got dutasteride in the bag if you need it.

Slarti

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
ajax said:
Anyone know how likely it is the white velus hairs are likely to turn into proper hair?
Not really. Very much an individual thing, this hair loss lark. Over the years I've had these hairs appear several times, normally as the first sign of regrowth after a shed. Sometimes they've cycled through several stages of growth and eventually attained a decent length and thickness, and other times they've pretty much done nothing. I've got ones around the temples that fall into this latter category and some around the front that fall into the former.

I'm afraid you're just going to have to wait and see what happens, isn't the excitement of it all just unbearable!

Slarti