Dutasteride/RU Experiment

sasse2015

Reaction score
my final update: nearly 6 months in and this experiment has most likely been a failure. Nothing but a wispy mess left on my head. I can't even style it anymore and Im having anxiety about how Im even gonna be able to go into work tomorrow. Despite pulling out the big guns I can pretty much say that hair loss has defeated me before the age of 25. Its amazing how much your life can change in 5 years.

Bro save up and get a hair transplant

dusty

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bro save up and get a hair transplant

Look up results of a NW6 hair transplant and then see if you would still give that advice...a hair transplant really only works well on men with good looking crowns...I know there are some exceptions but a hair transplant is not always a realistic option to somebody who has only a little hair on their entire scalp

kmm179

Established Member
Reaction score
Is it possible six months is not giving it enough time depending on pattern?

TransientHair

Established Member
Reaction score
Where did you get the Dutasteride? It's strange that legit Dutasteride + RU58841 + Minoxidil couldn't stop your hairloss.

greg711711

Reaction score
Hey guys just an update since I see this thread still has some life: I'm still doing the treatment, on my eighth month. Still shedding, but its not as aggressive (slowly sheds throughout the day rather than handfuls of hair shedding in the shower). To answer some of your responses, I mean yes I don't have much to lose so I am giving it more than 6 months. And to TransientHair: I am prescribed dutasteride- 0.5 mg genuine avodart once daily. Believe me I would have never thought that my intense regimen would not have any effect. Scientifically it just doesn't make sense

Massive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Best of luck to you Greg. I'm currently on finasteride (Genuine) + Dutas (generic) and for over 8 months and it's not doing much at all, still losing hair gradually. I was thinking of adding RU58841 + Minoxidil as well because just like you I have nothing to lose, but unlike you I am getting some side effects or at least I think so, I hope it's just all in my head. At least you're lucky you're getting side effects, I was happy to hear it's not affecting your gym workouts.

greg711711

Reaction score
Been a couple months since I've been on these boards, mainly because I havent been freaking out as much about my hair. So here is the first relatively positive post: somewhere between 9-10 months in (I lost track) and thankfully shedding is not nearly as bad as in the beginning. Dont get me wrong, I still shed, but not to the point where I get physically ill from seeing all the hairs like in the past. Other than that, I'm still just trucking along. No noticeable regrowth, and the front of my scalp is still inexplicably banged up for some reason, but still hanging on. I havent been experiencing as much anxiety lately so theres a good chance my next post will have some pics attached. oh and still no sides from any of the treatments.

Hairloss23

Banned
Reaction score
The RU you are using is most likely fake if it's from AnagenInc/AARC, they are both owned by Kane as well as TheKaneShop and a few other online stores. He is notorious for sending out bad batches, also premixed RU is completely useless, It might look like a nice convenient idea but premixed loses it's stability very rapidly. In reality your experiment was probably just dutasteride and minoxidil, also if you are making the switch from finasteride to dutasteride I cannot stress how important it is to stay on Finasteride at least for a few months. Quitting cold turkey, even if you are going to dutasteride, can cause huge shedding and hair loss that may not grow back. These are maintenance treatments and they only reach that goal after a specific time frame, hair lost in that frame may not grow back.

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Been a couple months since I've been on these boards, mainly because I havent been freaking out as much about my hair. So here is the first relatively positive post: somewhere between 9-10 months in (I lost track) and thankfully shedding is not nearly as bad as in the beginning. Dont get me wrong, I still shed, but not to the point where I get physically ill from seeing all the hairs like in the past. Other than that, I'm still just trucking along. No noticeable regrowth, and the front of my scalp is still inexplicably banged up for some reason, but still hanging on. I havent been experiencing as much anxiety lately so theres a good chance my next post will have some pics attached. oh and still no sides from any of the treatments.

About to jump on your regimen. Wondering how your hairloss progressed after 10 months?

OsamaBeenBanging

My Regimen
Reaction score
Been a couple months since I've been on these boards, mainly because I havent been freaking out as much about my hair. So here is the first relatively positive post: somewhere between 9-10 months in (I lost track) and thankfully shedding is not nearly as bad as in the beginning. Dont get me wrong, I still shed, but not to the point where I get physically ill from seeing all the hairs like in the past. Other than that, I'm still just trucking along. No noticeable regrowth, and the front of my scalp is still inexplicably banged up for some reason, but still hanging on. I havent been experiencing as much anxiety lately so theres a good chance my next post will have some pics attached. oh and still no sides from any of t

Greg u there? What is ur current situation