Dutasteride , oral minoxidil ....good results

Tbrhuss

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I thought I’d share my story...I’m 38
Been in finasteride for 18 years. Had a hair transplant. Not many sides, a little bit of low libido, but to be honest I don’t think it’s the finasteride, rather my general mood / stress levels.
Noticed a bit of thinning, got concerned the finasteride was losing effectiveness....
so , 2 years ago I added in dustasteride 0.5 mg three times a week, and 1mg finasteride on other days. I also started taking oral minoxidil 2.5 mg daily.
the results are great, hair is thicker than ever before. I’ll put some pics up if anyone wants.
Just thought I’d share a positive story. No sides, and life is good. I hope they find a cure for this sh*t one day. I just don’t like taking pills!!

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Happy to hear that life is good man!

I'm curious about the oral minoxidil. Did you have any sides when taking it? Any significant shedding?

Tbrhuss

My Regimen
Reaction score
So the sides - I can’t be sure if it was the minoxidil or the dutasteride, because I started them together. Yes I had shedding, but as we know this can be a good thing as weaker hairs get replaced. I kinda just tried not to look for 4 months. Then... I was amazed to see new hairs, even in the hairline. My beard was thicker too.
I can tell you one thing though, my sex drive was back to normal after I started a multivitamin.
disclaimer- guys I am a medical doctor so I treat myself. But oral minoxidil is dangerous in high doses. I met a guy taking 20mg a day. It can mess with your heart... be careful, and get a doctor to check you out before popping Pills!

Last edited:

jazz1

Reaction score
Oral Minoxidil seems good with Dutasteride, where are you buying oral Minoxidil?

Tbrhuss

My Regimen
Reaction score
6F8C0C1E-67E1-43B8-98AB-FE8D7A21F6E0.jpeg

Tbrhuss

My Regimen
Reaction score
Basically, the dutasteride and oral minoxidil has thickened the hair, and grown some new hair (not a huge amount but noticeable) , but what it’s really done is stopped further loss.

Tbrhuss

My Regimen
Reaction score
No temple regrow sadly. But I’m still happy with result. If I can maintain this now until they figure out a cure , then I win.... good luck to all....

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
great hair man! did you try topical min first?
do you get hypertrichosis ( unwanted body hair)/ water retention/ facial aging from oral min?