dutasteride+minoxidil+nizoral = Hair gains please?

Zyzzhair

Reaction score
4.5 Month Update Pg3

Introduction

Evening viewers, today marks the start of the big 3 for me, so would like to keep this thread as a blog to see how bad things are going downhill/uphill from here. Unlike many others i'm not actually that bothered if I do end up losing my hair, I'm doing it for aesthetic purposes to look better rather than any confidence issues. I do apologise in advance if my view on hair loss is seen as offensive but I just wish to be 100% honest.

Background

I'm 20 years old, male and of British/south east asian ethnic. Hair loss in my family is non-existent in both my mothers and fathers immediate family; however my fathers step-brothers seem to have hairless ranging from NW1-3. Guess I'm the unlucky one since none of my brothers (2) or sisters suffer from it either -.- Live in the Northern parts of the UK and currently studying law at university.

History

I think i've always had a NW2 hairline since about the age of 13/14 onwards, it hasn't been straight since I was a very young child. About 4 years ago when I was 16 I noticed I was receding more but obviously didn't do anything about it and here we are fast forward today where I believe I am a NW4 with very bad diffuse thinning :p

Regiman

1-2ml of Kirkland Liquid minoxidil once per day (eBay - £50 for 6 bottles)
0.5g of Avodart (online - £20 for 30 pills)
1% nizoral (tesco - £6)

Baseline Pictures

-Pushed Back

1z4zfaw.jpg

10mmweg.jpg

-Crown (nearly bald lol)

34854wp.jpg

-Left temp

so0lly.jpg

- Right temp

15h0s44.jpg

Final Note

Thanks for taking the time to look through my thread, feel free to critique, question or abuse me as much as you'd like, all is welcome :)

Future Plans
Thinking about getting an FUE hair transplant in approx 2 years to get hair sorted out if dutasteride/minoxidil fails to thicken up my hair. thoughts?

UPDATE:

6tptec.jpg

Big Shed of peace

templerecess

Established Member
Reaction score
I think you are doing the best thing possible right now. I think you caught it later than some but earlier than most. I think you have a good shot at success and gaining hair.

archdemon123

Established Member
Reaction score
Expect great gains specialy at crown. I started avodart at 18, so early age treatment as Well. We are using the best prevention treatment.

TD500

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sucks getting the ****end of the stick like that, either way your on treatment now good job and good luck.

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
What time do you guys suggest i should pop my avodart pill?​

As soon as you get your Avodart capsules, take one immediately, that's what I did when I first obtained Dutasteride.

I take one 0.5 mg Dutasteride capsule every morning when I wake up. I would go for that routine if I were you to avoid forgetting to take the medication when out living your day.

kirk

Established Member
Reaction score
Your on the right track OP. Do yourself a favor and set your regimen on autopilot for a few months to guage results. Some people get discouraged or lose nerve before they see the benefits. Good advice in this thread.

Zyzzhair

Reaction score
Hey guys thanks for the response and advice, I've decided to start taking avodart as soon as i get up in the morning, and settled on applying minoxidil around 2 hours before I sleep. On a side note is it me or has my thread dissapeared?

David.G

Established Member
Reaction score
I'd use dutasteride for a few months before minoxidil. You might not need it. I started finasteride/minoxidil the same time and now I don't know which is/isn't working. Also when I get a bad shed I don't know if its from the min or finasteride. Plus its a pain applying min twice a day.

Zyzzhair

Reaction score
3 month update - No changes, decided to shave head haha :youbet:
Will update again in 6 months.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hairline is almost completely intact, something tells me you'll have very good results, good luck!

Zyzzhair

Reaction score
Im hoping so! No changes as of yet, just a quick question to you guys though; does biotin and msm make a difference in terms of hair growth and thickness?

Zyzzhair

Reaction score
Quick update, noticed the back of my head below the crown is losing hair too, whaaaaaaat. Seems like I'm also losing the hairs near my neck, look like I'm going to be a baldy no matter what i do :p

doyle11

Established Member
Reaction score
Man, looks like DUPA. Get yourself to a hair transplant Doctor to find out what's going on

Zyzzhair

Reaction score
Okay I'm an idiot, turns out it was lighting and the angle... I know i suffer from crown thinning already but because i used front flash it made it seem like i had retrograde alopecia too which just isn't the case, its just a poor angle

vineet

Reaction score
i am on the same regimen and i from the same time as you have started , i am also facing massive shed , hairs are coming out from top of my head when ever i slide my fingers from them.

Zyzzhair

Reaction score
Just keep doing the same thing Vineet, i'm sure it'll subside soon! Yeah i know alex!

Is it weird that minoxidil only seems to be working for my hairline and doing nothing for the rest of my head as of yet?

vineet

Reaction score
the shedding is actually a good sign
please guide me if i am wrong , shedding means hair fall right ? we all are already shedding that is why we are taking this regimen .so how it is a good thing ?and what is the difference between shedding before treatment and during treatment ?