Dutasteride Making Me Sick,is This Normal?

Slid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So basically I stopped taking finasteride because it wasnt doing sh*t for me.I started taking duta 2 days ago and ever since I feel ill.Those fever symptoms when your body is hot and shaking,thats how I feel now.No brain fog,pain,lower libido,just this strange feeling.Like im about to get sick but im not.What could this be?

Anatoly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Tried both finasteride and dutasteride. About 1,5 months on generic (Teva) finasteride 5mg : experienced a broad range of side effects affecting the quality of my life. Switched to dutasteride 5mg (Avodart) daily. First few weeks no side effects. By that time I read more and more about various side effects of dutasteride and ...started to feel some of those))) - bad sleep, mood, .. anxiety - rather subjective things. At times felt my body is hot while my temperature was normal. Shivering as well. Sweating. Finally I attributed all this to stress associated with the introduction of medical intervention to my life.
I convinced myself that it may be a kind of placebo effect, by month 3 these disappeared. Now I feel absolutely ok and avoid excessive reading of hollow stories related to finasteride and dutasteride use. The only objective side effect is that Avodart affected my beard.

BUT this is my case. You'd better consult some statistics to check the plausibility of your side effects (relative risks,CI and their significance (p-values) etc) and see a doctor of course.

Slid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Tried both finasteride and dutasteride. About 1,5 months on generic (Teva) finasteride 5mg : experienced a broad range of side effects affecting the quality of my life. Switched to dutasteride 5mg (Avodart) daily. First few weeks no side effects. By that time I read more and more about various side effects of dutasteride and ...started to feel some of those))) - bad sleep, mood, .. anxiety - rather subjective things. At times felt my body is hot while my temperature was normal. Shivering as well. Sweating. Finally I attributed all this to stress associated with the introduction of medical intervention to my life.
I convinced myself that it may be a kind of placebo effect, by month 3 these disappeared. Now I feel absolutely ok and avoid excessive reading of hollow stories related to finasteride and dutasteride use. The only objective side effect is that Avodart affected my beard.

BUT this is my case. You'd better consult some statistics to check the plausibility of your side effects (relative risks,CI and their significance (p-values) etc) and see a doctor of course.
Yeah,shivering and sweating,thats what i feel.Bad sleep also.I cant speak about anxiety or mood as a side effect since I always have them.If this continues than I might switch to EOD after two weeks.If that doesnt stop it I will see my derm.It might be my body adjusting to hormone change,but who knows.

Anatoly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I experienced things like this for about two months, they gradually disappeared. It's rather common when you start some medication then you have side effects at the beginning of treatment, then you adjust and they subside. My point is that you may consider stress as a cause and try to manage it. I did not take any antidepressants and undertook some stress-relieving techniques. I MY case that worked.

JeToker

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it's much more likely that this is coincidental, or psychosomatic. I can't see why this drug would cause these symptoms.

However, everyone is different. You could stay on them unless the symptoms worsen, to see if they go away. If not you can discontinue and see if the symptoms go away.

JeToker

My Regimen
Reaction score
Woke up today feeling normal again.

This is what I expected. If you check my first posts on this forum were when I started Fina and I had a problem with mucus in my chest that lasted for like a month, it seemed way to perfectly in line to be something else. Turned out it was something else, I had a nasal infection that wouldn't go away because I had a weakened immune system at the time.

Similarly when I started I also had a problem getting an erection for the first day. All of this went away and no problems since.