Dutasteride Made My Testicles Swell Up?

Hairylossy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been taking dutasteride for about 2 weeks and my testicles have swelled up. Will this go away or stabilise if I keep using dutasteride? I don't wanna stop taking it since its my only hope left. (finasteride stopped working after 8 years)

Does anyone know?

JeToker

My Regimen
Reaction score
You don't give much info here, but I can tell you in the first two weeks of taking dutasteride I had pain in my testicles. It dissipated over the next week and I have had no issues with that since. 'Testicular pain/swelling' are listed as side effects. If it's not dangerously swollen or absurdly painful, I suggest pushing through for another couple of weeks and giving it chance to go down. I believe it likely will. I also encourage you however, to visit the doctor just to be sure.

Remember, many people take this drug for other conditions like BPH, they are safe drugs, relatively speaking.

Hairylossy

My Regimen
Reaction score
You don't give much info here, but I can tell you in the first two weeks of taking dutasteride I had pain in my testicles. It dissipated over the next week and I have had no issues with that since. 'Testicular pain/swelling' are listed as side effects. If it's not dangerously swollen or absurdly painful, I suggest pushing through for another couple of weeks and giving it chance to go down. I believe it likely will. I also encourage you however, to visit the doctor just to be sure.

Remember, many people take this drug for other conditions like BPH, they are safe drugs, relatively speaking.
What other information can I add to "my balls are swollen" lol?. I'm glad to hear that your side effects went away. Hopefully the same thing happens to me. I'll avoid the doctor for now since I'm scared they'll refuse to prescribe it to me in the future. Thank you for your reply. I feel more calm now.

maxou

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What other information can I add to "my balls are swollen" lol?. I'm glad to hear that your side effects went away. Hopefully the same thing happens to me. I'll avoid the doctor for now since I'm scared they'll refuse to prescribe it to me in the future. Thank you for your reply. I feel more calm now.
We needs some pics

MKP05

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So this just happened to me as well. I started dutasteride on November 22nd 2019. Went to primary care physician today who confirmed the swelling in one testicle. He suggested getting an ultrasound so I’m sitting in an imaging center right now. Not taking any chances that this could be something more serious.

hailbrotzu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So this just happened to me as well. I started dutasteride on November 22nd 2019. Went to primary care physician today who confirmed the swelling in one testicle. He suggested getting an ultrasound so I’m sitting in an imaging center right now. Not taking any chances that this could be something more serious.

What did the ultra sound show?