Dutasteride Ineffective After 1 Month?

TheHulk

Reaction score
Hey guys,
First of all I wanted to thank you all for all the information you are giving out, it's truly helpful. I didn't find an answer for my question anywhere online so I'm hoping some people here would be able to answer me and that perhaps it will contribute to other people as well.

So, I've been shedding for two years now. A year ago I started taking finasteride. The finasteride only slowed down the hair loss but didn't stop it. Around a month and a half ago I started taking dutasteride. Within the first month, dutasteride has been a magic pill for me. I stopped seeing any hairs falling out within the first two weeks and it became very difficult to pull out hair (i.e. I couldn't pull any hairs out). Believe it or not, I even got mild regrowth within that month (I am not imagining, I took pictures in order to see whether there was progress). Additionally, I got a huge reduction in body hair all over (the hairs became much thinner, shorter, and their density decreased). I couldn't be happier with the results.

Anyway, after about one month of starting the pill, my body hair started regrowing very rapidly. So much so that every 2-3 days I could see noticeable change in my body hair.

I still don't have a clear indication whether my scalp hair was affected negatively or positively since I started seeing body hair regrowth. However, it scares me very much.

To my knowledge, an increase in body hair is a clear indication of increased DHT. If that's true than that means that dutasteride became ineffective for me after only one month. Is this necessarily the case? If it is, what can be done to bring DHT levels back down?

abcdefg

Reaction score
Its not an indication of anything really just keep taking it especially if its working. body hair is probably mainly controlled by testosterone along with DHT. Testosterone could easily be enough to keep body hair growing in the absence of DHT its the most abundant male hormone by far.
If your on dutasteride your DHT levels are low how could they not be. Just keep on it, and forget about male pattern baldness. Come back in a year with pictures to see progress. You cant do anymore then dutasteride so stop worrying
For every question like this most of the time there are no answers. Your guess is as good as anyone really.

TheHulk

Reaction score
Hey, thanks for the input. If it's true that body hair is caused mainly by testosterone, then what is the reason for the initial decrease in body hair? Also, how come a lot of balding people are hairy (from anecdotal evidence) if not for DHT?

I'm thinking that perhaps I should've taken smaller quantities of dutasteride at first to ease my body into it.