Dutasteride- how long will it last after Finasteride?

Hair-pun

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If anyone is wondering how long dutasteride lasts after finasteride stops working (as I did when I first started using it when finasteride failed) I have had about 2 more years maintenance at the back.
I was on finasteride for 9 years of strong maintenance, then switched to dutasteride when things started to go down hill (very rapidly).
Initially I had good regrowth at the back when i switched to dutasteride, though the front continued to thin, so I added CB and RU. Which just about stabilised the front.
Now the back is thinning again quite rapidly.
Just putting this out there in case it helps with anyone else’s decision making.
Should also add that dutasteride is not a scary drug at all- my very cautious Derm is fine with me being on it. It’s just a slightly better hair loss drug than finasteride- so feel free to switch to it. Just know that it isn’t a miracle cure but will probably buy you a bit more time.
Next step will be hopefully be a hair system, though haven’t worn one yet so we’ll see.
Good luck guys! Hair loss is a horrible thing to have to go through so my advice is to throw everything at it that you can and hold on as long as possible. At least you’ll know you tried!

jazz1

Reaction score
Awesome thanks.