Dutasteride Experience After 1 year

BaldingThugshaker

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm really desperate, but it seems I'm at the end of the road.

Bit of background, balding started at 15-16 and has consistently haunted me, went from receding to diffuse thinning. Started at NW1.5/2 then that turned to Norwood 2.5, and then since mid 2021 its diffused NW7, nape, donor and sides also seem thin, but top is thinner, so its probably retrograde.

Been on dutasteride for 1 year, first 6 months I used generics and now I'm using brand for the last 6 months. I thought about increasing dose, but honestly I see a grand total of 0 success stories from 0.5mg non-responders increasing their dose. The only thing that actually worked is OM, it really worked well.

So far, I've been shedding non-stop for the whole year and 1 month on dutasteride. Its heartbreaking losing 150-200 hairs a day. I'm surprised I even have hair in 2024.

Basically, I'm coming to you guys for advice, maybe some of you have a success story, but this stuff is driving me slowly into suicidality.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Its over.
For some dutasteride isnt good. Used it for 1.5 years. Thinned my hair alot and faster. When I got off it my hair thinned ALOT slower and was more stable. It didnt even cause shedding,I actually lost less hair on dutasteride but it still thinned my hair faster. Im on RU now and oral min instead. I suggest you stop it and use RU and oral minoxidil instead.

BaldingThugshaker

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I mean OM is the one thing where I responded VERY well, ill start it again after my trip.

I'm a DUPA case, so it might explain why dutasteride isnt working for me. Ill buy a new carrier for my RU since pg/eth is terrible, after that Ill think about buying TDM.

BaldingThugshaker

My Regimen
Reaction score
For some dutasteride isnt good. Used it for 1.5 years. Thinned my hair alot and faster. When I got off it my hair thinned ALOT slower and was more stable. It didnt even cause shedding,I actually lost less hair on dutasteride but it still thinned my hair faster. Im on RU now and oral min instead. I suggest you stop it and use RU and oral minoxidil instead.
Alright new update, ordered myself some spironolactone (100mg pills) but ill be taking 50mgs everyday. If that doesn't work within a month or 2 Ill fully give up and ropemaxx, and maybe buy GT when phase 2 results are out in the next month if they're positive.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Alright new update, ordered myself some spironolactone (100mg pills) but ill be taking 50mgs everyday. If that doesn't work within a month or 2 Ill fully give up and ropemaxx, and maybe buy GT when phase 2 results are out in the next month if they're positive.
Hmmm you will grow tits from that.. but you do you I guess.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Its a possibility, but even on dutasteride I never had gyno issues and etc, so maybe. This is a matter of life and death for me so gyno is a small price to pay. This sh*t is unbearable and unfair. Rare dutasteride non-responders.
dutasteride and spironolactone are two totally different ball games. dutasteride raise T like mad. While spironolactone blocks the effect of T.

Last edited:

BaldingThugshaker

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yup, my test went from 550 ng/dl on finasteride to 920 ng/dl on dutasteride. Did blood test twice to confirm duts test increase. Right now my logic is that perhaps dutasteride raised test so much in the serum that the scalp T increase was much much more than 100%, thus making me have even more scalp DHT conversion or something, idk. That's why spironolactone is on my mind. A high raise in T like mine should realistically give me gyno, I've got so much of it now that im suprised I didn't grow tits from aromatization.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
i aint gay, but if i was a woman, i'd avoid bald guys at all costs. I get more female attention with my long ish wavy hair than i ever did with short hair. hair is literally life
When u get older it wont matter too much but ye it helps to get laid. But buying hookers isnt bad either. The girl u meet at a party for one night stand is the same as paying a hooker for sex. Dude just find a girlfriend that will accept you for you and not your hair.