hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
1 dutasteride every M, W, S
1 mg finasteride the other 4 days

T

Timi

dutasteride

hair_tomorrow

and your Hair Looks good with dutasteride?
shedding?
side effects?

Timi

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
Re: dutasteride

Timi said:
hair_tomorrow

and your Hair Looks good with dutasteride? Yes
shedding? No (eased into it)
side effects? All

Timi

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ive recently dropped to EOD b/c ive been getting emotional.

CCS

Reaction score
JayMan said:
i take one pill a day as is recommended

there is no recommended dose for hair loss.

CCS

Reaction score
hair today gone tomorrow said:
[quote="hair_tomorrow":83685]1 dutasteride every M, W, S
1 mg finasteride the other 4 days

where are you getting your dutasteride from? Im curious.[/quote:83685]

The only reason to use this regimen is if he wories that one of them is fake.

CCS

Reaction score
I take it MWF. I'm tempted to take it every day to reduce pore size and body hair, but $30 per month is a lot for me.

Pondle

Reaction score
CCS, I remember you posted a while back that you might have experienced some increase in breast tissue through dutasteride. Was this just a false alarm? It's something that worries me, so I've been doing loads of toning exercises lately.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
Pondle said:
CCS, I remember you posted a while back that you might have experienced some increase in breast tissue through dutasteride. Was this just a false alarm? It's something that worries me, so I've been doing loads of toning exercises lately.

body fat % cannot stop or effect gyno....gyno is related to hormones.....

However skinny guys dont usually get gyno.

CCS

Reaction score
hair today gone tomorrow said:
Pondle said:

body fat % cannot stop or effect gyno....gyno is related to hormones.....

However skinny guys dont usually get gyno.

Yeah, just like skiny women have smaller breasts. Gyno is less severe on skinny men. I'm trying grape seed extract as an aromase inhibitor, topically on my chest, and a little internally too. None on my head, though.

According to the applepoly ad, GSE does grow hair on the head. I think the anti-oxidants undoing of DHT damage probably outweights the aromatase activity. But that is why I use apply poly instead.

Pondle

Reaction score
One thing that confuses me is that neither finasteride nor dutasteride affect levels of estradiol. It just elevates levels of testosterone. According to the chart someone posted here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5_alpha_re ... deficiency - testosterone can't be converted into estradiol. So what causes gyno?

5ARdeficiency.jpg

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Pondle said:
One thing that confuses me is that neither finasteride nor dutasteride affect levels of estradiol.

Huh?? OF COURSE they do. It says right here in the PDR (Physician's Desk Reference) that Proscar raises levels of testosterone and estrogen by about 10%. I'm sure it says something similar about Avodart.

Pondle said:
It just elevates levels of testosterone. According to the chart someone posted here -

That's an error in that chart. It's a rather glaring omission.

Pondle

Reaction score
Bryan said:
Pondle said:
One thing that confuses me is that neither finasteride nor dutasteride affect levels of estradiol.

Huh?? OF COURSE they do. It says right here in the PDR (Physician's Desk Reference) that Proscar raises levels of testosterone and estrogen by about 10%. I'm sure it says something similar about Avodart.

Pondle said:
It just elevates levels of testosterone. According to the chart someone posted here -

Quote from Merck's leaflet on Proscar -
"Drug/Laboratory Test Interactions
In patients with BPH, PROSCAR has no effect on circulating levels of cortisol, estradiol, prolactin, thyroid-stimulating hormone, or thyroxine."

Quote from GSK's leaflet on Avodart -
"Hormone Levels: In healthy volunteers, 52 weeks of treatment with dutasteride 0.5 mg/day (n = 26) resulted in no clinically significant change compared with placebo (n = 23) in sex hormone binding globulin, estradiol, luteinizing hormone, follicle-stimulating hormone, thyroxine (free T4), and dehydroepiandrosterone."

G

collegechemistrystudent said:
JayMan said:
i take one pill a day as is recommended

there is no recommended dose for hair loss.

i never said it was recommended by some formal body but it was generally recommended on here before i started, and it seems that most people who take it who are on this site are also on it once a day.

docj077

Reaction score
Bryan said:
Pondle said:

Holy crap! You're not kidding. It's like they removed or omitted the CYP19 aromatase enzyme all together.