Dutasteride Dosage And Frequency Question

Thespain

Established Member
Reaction score
Finasteride isn't halting my hairloss, and it's time to upgrade.

Like many others, I have to get it from an online pharmacy because I can't get a script. It's not very cheap that way.

So, how what dose and how often should I take it. The place I'm getting it sells it only in .5mg increments.

Also, does anyone know if ADC is still a legit operation?

also also, has anyone ever paired dutasteride with 2.5mg or 5mg of loniten?

Kidbako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Duta .5 once a day for a month then every other day good luck

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Finasteride isn't halting my hairloss, and it's time to upgrade.

Like many others, I have to get it from an online pharmacy because I can't get a script. It's not very cheap that way.

So, how what dose and how often should I take it. The place I'm getting it sells it only in .5mg increments.

Also, does anyone know if ADC is still a legit operation?

also also, has anyone ever paired dutasteride with 2.5mg or 5mg of loniten?
i am going to make the switch as well within 2 weeks. How long did you take finasteride?

horunger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im on avodart 0.5/day and after 3 months my beard growth started to come back to normal and regrowth of hair slowing. I think 0.5 is about as low as it can be, i seriously need to consider increasing dose, i advice you to not go below the recommended 0.5/day. Halflife of dutasteride isnt long in low concentration, at reduced doses you will never see the long halflife of 3-5 weeks and never get the full effect.

Lacey, youre on 1mg/day iirc? Big increase in effect over 0.5?

Last edited:

Thespain

Established Member
Reaction score
And what happened to your hair? Thinning and shedding?
Not thinning, just losing density, mostly on the crown. Somehow, the front has been holding up even better then before.

I'm going to add 2.5mg of loniten daily with .5mg of dutasteride daily, along with high doses of anti-inflammatory things like fish oil, taurine and green tea. I figure that it can't hurt. In the future I may add seti, but I'm confident dutasteride and loniten will hold me over until then.

Thespain

Established Member
Reaction score
What do you take now?
Still on finasteride, decreased dosage to .25 mg every other day and saw slight improvement, but when I added minoxidil things started getting interesting, especially on my hairline. It's holding up great and responding well to the combo, so much so that I went from a NW2 to currently being a 1.5 with vellus hairs growing/thickening in the NW1 area, but the crown/vertex continues to decline so it's time to upgrade treatments.