Dutasteride Dosage And Frequency 7 7 7

givemeregrowth

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,
Is it true that, it's enought to use 0,5mg of dutasteride only 2-3 times a week because of its long half-life ?

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,
Is it true that, it's enought to use 0,5mg of dutasteride only 2-3 times a week because of its long half-life ?
Yes you can use it two or three times each week. It has a very long half-life of five weeks, so you don't need to stick to a rigid once-a-day dosing schedule like with finasteride which has a much shorter half-life. Taking dutasteride two or three times a week will be less effective than taking it every day, but will still be more effective than any dose of finasteride. From what I recall, taking dutasteride once every five days is about equal in effectiveness to taking 5mg finasteride daily.

StevenGerrard

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I take it everyday, just took my 20th capsule. How long until Duta is in my system so I can quit finasteride?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I take it everyday, just took my 20th capsule. How long until Duta is in my system so I can quit finasteride?

It takes one to two weeks to reach maximum effectiveness, so you're good.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Because of the long half-life you can pretty much just divide your total weekly dose by 7, and check it against this daily dose chart to see the effectiveness. 3.5mg once a week will be almost as effective as .5mg every day. If you are taking .5mg twice a week then that's the equivelant of .15mg per day, which is probably closer to the effectiveness of finasteride.

Attachments

• DutasterideVersusFinasterideDosage.jpg
    DutasterideVersusFinasterideDosage.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 267

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just take mine daily along with all my other meds and supplements. But if you want to save money just take it eod.

NorwoodingMyWay

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It takes one to two weeks to reach maximum effectiveness, so you're good.
False. That applies to Finasteride. Dutasteride needs atleast 5 months to reach steady state (maximum concentration). Steady state is generally acheived after 5~6 half lifes of a drug. Dutasteride has a half life of a month. So that equals to 5 months at least.

NorwoodingMyWay

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not yet. I would advise taking Dutasteride for 6 months while still taking Finasteride. Once you passed the 6 month mark, drop the finasteride. Alot of people who experience hair loss when switching from Finasteride to Dutasteride, is because they switched very early while Dutasteride was still building up.