Dutasteride cures hair loss in a woman!

J_friend

Reaction score
Allergic reaction to Avodart? Feedback please???

I've been on Avodart since around mid-July. I've been taking one capsule every other day. It's now mid-October, which would basially mean I've been on the drug for three months. I've noticed no side effects; however, over the last five days I've been noticing swelling under my eyes, itching all over, and a little difficulty breating. My eyes are burning a bit, too ... needless to say, I KNOW this is an allergic reaction of some sort. My question is this: Would it be uncommon to experience an allergic reaction on Avodart if I've taken for three months with no reactions? Could it all of a sudden cause a reaction in my body? I know we're all built differently, but I was just wondering if that would be typical, or should I maybe look elsewhere for the cause of my reaction? Any feedback would be welcome! THANKS!

tembo

Established Member
Reaction score
The person discussed in the link I posted in this thread plus Dr. Monahan's results are the only two individual results I have seen published.

Any other published results out there?

nohairnodandruff

Established Member
Reaction score
It is quite possible to get an allergic reaction to things over time. Have you been in contact with anything new recently?

Petchsky

Reaction score
I don't think the results for the women in question is that surprising as for some women their hairloss is caused by excess testosterone meaning more DHT which the Avodart will reduce. Bang, no more hairloss, lucky b**ch.

:D