Dutasteride and Mesotherapy

adr

Reaction score
Anyone heard of this? Mesotherapy is a method which is fairly well-known in Europe and Asia whereby a substance (vitamine or other) is injected at subcutaneous level with a special device (called a Mesogun or something like that). It's pàinless and there are some success stories about fat reduction etc. But I can't find anything on using this method to inject Dutasteride (or Finasteride for that matter).

Now this is what my own doctor is suggesting! I.e. using this method in order to inject Avodart in the thinning parts of my scalp.

He says it's completely new and it seems to work (and none of the side effects).

But I'm a bit suspicious not to find anyting at all on the Net.
I'm going to try anyway.
ADR
I'll surely post here about the results...

Aplunk1

Reaction score
How much does this cost?

I'm just wondering, because Dutasteride is expensive.

IDOASIS

Established Member
Reaction score
I know doctors that use mesotherapy with minoxidil ,but I have never heard with Dutasteride.

jambri

Established Member
Reaction score
Seems unlikely to me... I thought dutasteride worked by stopping 5AR from becoming DHT, which should work on a systemic level...

adr

Reaction score
I had my first session a couple of hours ago. I must say it hurts a little (but it's bearable).

It costs 100 euros per session.

Any other comments welcome (I should've checked here before, I'll ask him about the systemic vs topical question...)

I think the idea is diminishing the amount of DHT (both types) present at the area. Are there not topical Finasteride products? If they can show some results, why shouldn't this?

This doctor thinks taking dutasteride orally is just crazy. He's quite active internationally and says there have been some good results in Asia with meso.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
adr said:
I had my first session a couple of hours ago. I must say it hurts a little (but it's bearable).

It costs 100 euros per session.

Any other comments welcome (I should've checked here before, I'll ask him about the systemic vs topical question...)

I think the idea is diminishing the amount of DHT (both types) present at the area. Are there not topical Finasteride products? If they can show some results, why shouldn't this?

This doctor thinks taking dutasteride orally is just crazy. He's quite active internationally and says there have been some good results in Asia with meso.

Wow, that's great. 100 euros sounds pretty expensive. How many sessions/month do you do, or what are the long-term goals of the treatment?

I'm not surprised that a lot of revolutionary treatments are being tried in Asia.

I hope it works for you!

iamnaked

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm sceptical as to whether blasting sh*t into your scalp is in the long term going to be good for its health.

adr

Reaction score
One session a month for the time being.
About shooting dutasteride into the scalp and health, I'd like to know why you think it could be bad (ie, worse than getting it into your whole body).

hellohello

Established Member
Reaction score
Sounds really interesting, let us know how it goes!

iamnaked

Experienced Member
Reaction score
adr said:
One session a month for the time being.
About shooting dutasteride into the scalp and health, I'd like to know why you think it could be bad (ie, worse than getting it into your whole body).

As far as I can see, mesotherapy consists in shooting particles of a desirable chemical into the skin at high speed. I can't imagine a scenario in which this would not cause damage to the skin tissue and hair follicles, especially over the long run, hence my concerns over scalp health.

adr

Reaction score
High speed? The only distinctive thing about this method is that the substance is injected into the mesoderm (or whatever it's called), ie not into the muscle (veins).
Really, I would be a lot more concerned if I was swallowing this stuff everyday. So would my wife for that matter.
I noticed what felt like some changer in the texture of my hair (I have a balding spoot on top, still a lot of hair elsewhere). Like mu hair felt stronger or something. But I can't be sure.
Second session in 10 days...

iamnaked

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If it works for you, then great. I'm just a jaded old HairLossTalk.com-er who's seen enough fancy treatments come and go to build up a degree of scepticism when new stuff like this turns up. Please keep us updated.