Dutasteride and finasteride week regimen.

maximiliandreams

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello guys.I am actually posting this thread to discuss something that i saw in a previous thread but more likely i want to discuss a concrete regimen.I am really very strange responder to the both medication,i am talking about finasteride and minoxidil.I might say that in my case finasteride alone and minoxidil alone is devastating to my hair.When i stop minoxidil,(but still on finasteride)after about a month i have strong shedding followed by very bad thining...when i stop finasteride (still on minoxidil) after 2 months i have the same strong shedding followed by thining.So the conclusion is that both are weak alone and if i dont use them both in my regimen.. it's pointless.What i know about minoxidil and finasteride is that they work best in the vertex but my results are really different,i have great results and maintaining in the middle and the hairline,really perfect hairline no loss there,but i don't see good results in the vertex..i think that there is some benefit that i receive from this medications in the vertex,and it's just maintaining because if i had not used them for almost 3 years,i am sure that it would be a lot worse..which makes me believe that this medications really work but not so good as in the middle and in the front..so basically i use minoxidil twice a day,and on finasteride 1.25mg/day...yesterday i bought dutasteride,and i think to take 1 pill/week just to see if there is any chance of regrowth in the vertex,so 6 days on finasteride. 1.25mg/day and 1 day of duta,and i still cant understand why i dont respond good in the vertex with these drugs,when they should work perfect there...and just for the record i am 21,and my father's kind of hairloss is very agressive in the vertex...not so much in the front.There is a picture from today..everything is ok,just this vertex...if i can maintain with finasteride and minoxidil,so there is some result from them right?but i think it's just not enough...so we need some help from duta.So what do you guys think about it ?

5392829I.jpg

maximiliandreams

Established Member
Reaction score
no ideas?

maximiliandreams

Established Member
Reaction score
up

wstef

Established Member
Reaction score
The fact that you have strong sheds and thinning after stopping suggests they are working well for you, but you need to use them continually. Unfortunately some people simply respond better. I am responding much better at the vertex than at the front, for example.

Now, I am no scientist and have very basic knowledge of the science behind hair loss treatment but finasteride and dutasteride essentially work in the same way and I am unsure if it's recommended to take them together; either because it's too much suppression of DHT or it's pointless since one is doing the job anyway. But, it appears that people do take the two together; I'm not sure if it's a benefit or not?!

Reports back in the early 00s suggested dutasteride was better at growing hair (even in smaller doses), perhaps because it has a massively longer half life than finasteride. Perhaps try switching to dutasteride or adding it in smaller doses? I have read once a week is often enough if you take it with finasteride.

maximiliandreams

Established Member
Reaction score
that's my regimen mate,6 days finasteride 1.25mg/day and 1 pill of duta per week.i will give it 6 months to see what will happen.

wstef

Established Member
Reaction score
That seems to be the most common thing to do - by looking around online anyway - when you mix finasteride and dutasteride.

For some even the most dedicated and thought out regimes are only good enough to maintain what hair is there.

Yes, it's good to wait... 6 months might not even be long enough but good luck and I hope it works for you.

To be fair to you, although you can see you are thinning at the crown, it's not as bad as some and this pciture is under harsher than normal light. Be glad you have your hairline still because losing your hair from the front is worse in my opinion (for looking older, I mean).

maximiliandreams

Established Member
Reaction score
yes...losing your hair infront is not nice...but everything has it's pluses and minuses.There is no guarantee that i will not lose my hairline after 3-4 years..who knows? know i just want to fix that crown area with duta...