dutasteride and finasteride together

jc444

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, can anyone tell me if there is any evidence which might suggest that taking finasteride and dutasteride together is worse for you hair than taking just one of these treatments?

finasteride seems to be less and less effective for me and my hair has thinned so much on top im desperate to make a regime change and Im thinking I will keep taking proscar 1/4's but also take one dutasteride capsule every 3 days.

I know its risky as the effects are unknown and all that, I dont care about that, I care if it will help my hair. So again, could combining dutasteride and finasteride be less effective than either treatment individually?

thanks again for any input.

G

No it won't be any more or less effective. dutasteride every 3 days will be just as strong as dutasteride every 3 days plus 1/4 Proscar every day. You gain no extra benefit by continuing to take the Proscar along with the dutasteride.

It's not any more risky than taking dutasteride every 3 days by itself. It's just a waste of money.

jc444

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks JayMan, that is what I suspected but I just wanted to make sure. Its hard to stop the finasteride since I have been taking it since 1999. I have one box of proscar (4 month supply) left so i will keep taking a proscar 1/4 daily and one avodart for the next 4 months and then will reassess, possibly drop the finasteride.